Brackets

jddevel

Featured Posts

Can anyone please tell me the name of the metal "brackets" that are often used to for example secure steps or table ends against bulkheads/hullsides. They consist of a l shaped hook on table or steps that the slot into a female fitting on the hull or bulkhead. Had them on previous craft but never needed to buy any. Source would also help. Not being lazy to Google-have tried but not spotted what I need. Thanks in anticipation.

I do not know what they are called, but I have seen them for sale at Caravan & Motorhome accessory shops.

Edit to add :

here is something along the lines : ( folding table / detachable table mounts)

http://www.grasshopperleisure.co.uk/deluxe-sliding-table-rail-2068-p.asp?_=&variantid=2069&gclid=Cj0KEQjwzd3GBRDks7SYuNHi3JEBEiQAIm6EIx___XSjiNKOAUoZ7ort704WSCI4ZTeue2MpgzTt-LcaAu2p8P8HAQ

Edited by Alan de Enfield

On my rear steps i cut a length of 3x1 hardwood the width of steps then cut a 45deg angle along it and fixed to bulk head, the did the same to steps and all you do is lift steps over the angle and they lock in position there is a na e for it but i cant remember back to my carpentry classes at school.

Neil

Drill two holes of about 10mm at the required height for a table through the boats side panel. Stick with Araldite a plain 10mm washer over each hole. Measure and mark two corresponding X's on the table end. Screw into these marks two cheese headed wood screws with 8 or 9mm heads, leaving the heads protruding enough to poke through the washered holes and slip down behind and lock.  That's it, your table is ready for noshing on. When dining is over just lift slightly and pull out, folding up whatever leg you have supporting it. -_-  Ideally for extra security use screws with big heads or even big headed nails.

Edited by bizzard

1 hour ago, Neil Smith said:

On my rear steps i cut a length of 3x1 hardwood the width of steps then cut a 45deg angle along it and fixed to bulk head, the did the same to steps and all you do is lift steps over the angle and they lock in position there is a na e for it but i cant remember back to my carpentry classes at school.

Neil

French Cleat