Starry, Starry nights

MHS

Featured Posts

If you can spare 10 minutes, go outside and enjoy the night skies.

Took our two dogs out for a last walk, and then put them below decks. 

I lay on the boat roof for 10 minutes and enjoyed the clear skies. I saw two shooting stars. It should be clear tomorrow night too. 

If it's clear on 30th then you should get a really good view of the ISS at 21:24:47 for about 4 minutes. Starting at 224 degrees and ending at 128 degrees at 45 degree inclination. 

8 hours ago, WotEver said:

If it's clear on 30th then you should get a really good view of the ISS at 21:24:47 for about 4 minutes. Starting at 224 degrees and ending at 128 degrees at 45 degree inclination. 

That makes me think of the late Kirsty MacColl, whose lyrics included:

I saw two shooting stars last night
I wished on them but they were only satellites
Is it wrong to wish on space hardware
I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care

58 minutes ago, MHS said:

That makes me think of the late Kirsty MacColl, whose lyrics included:

I saw two shooting stars last night
I wished on them but they were only satellites
Is it wrong to wish on space hardware
I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care

Actually a Billy Bragg lyric but her version was almost as good as Bills 

• 3 weeks later...

When I first got The Bote was the first time I'd ever lived in the midlands or really far from the sea. I used to be an avid sea swimmer and I just can't hack pools.

Occasionally it occurs to me that the only thing I really miss by being on the boat is not being able to swim in the sea, but then I go and stand outside and I feel like I'm swimming in the sky.

(May have been smoking a bit)

Also, MtB calls me Coasty! Mike 30?? Something used to persistently call me "Starey."

Edited by Starcoaster

While we're completely OT I thought I might take this opportunity to point out that at any given time, the urge to sing 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' is just A whim away, a whim away, a whim away....

32 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Please, please, don't give me another earworm!  The last one lasted 6 weeks, after The Beckham chose an Ella Fitzgerald song on Desert Island Discs. :o

Accused my daughter of giving me an earworm the other day and she just grinned and sang "Rupert, Rupert the Bear..."

Then there are the irresponsible people who call their boat Will Power so that you have Gary Puckett going round in your head all day. You know who you are, H42! :lol: