blue smoke

BWM

Featured Posts

Having had the injectors overhauled I refitted them, and am pleased with the results. My question is regarding the emission of blue smoke when the compression change over valves are wound out - a reasonable amount but not excessive, this is constant throughout the rev range?

4 hours ago, BWM said:

Having had the injectors overhauled I refitted them, and am pleased with the results. My question is regarding the emission of blue smoke when the compression change over valves are wound out - a reasonable amount but not excessive, this is constant throughout the rev range?

You are hardly likely to need to run your engine on low compression, as it is so understressed under normal operating conditions. If I run my JP2 on low compression it does smoke a little more than on high comp, but only marginally. I suspect this is due to less efficient combustion. Where in London are you? Will you be at Cavalcade or Ricky? I could have a look if you wish.

Two year old liners and rings, etc.

The blue smoke is from the exhaust.

I don't usually run on low compression, but have not seen the blue smoke when I have used the change over valves previously, prior to changing the injectors. I'm based in uxbridge and am going to Ricky, would be nice to say hello and get an opinion.

Cheers

Stuart

On 3/25/2017 at 19:16, BWM said:

Two year old liners and rings, etc.

The blue smoke is from the exhaust.

I don't usually run on low compression, but have not seen the blue smoke when I have used the change over valves previously, prior to changing the injectors. I'm based in uxbridge and am going to Ricky, would be nice to say hello and get an opinion.

Cheers

Stuart

You need to go in the tug of war and give it a thrash. That should clean it out a bit !

Did it last year, wasn't too impressed with the performance though - I discovered soon afterwards that one of the cylinder liners i'd had installed the previous year had been put in too low, giving a free exchange of weak combustion into the water jacket and water into the cylinder!