Boat vandalised in Skipton

luggsy

Featured Posts

Moored up in Skipton yesterday  went to bed at 11 woken up about 12. 15 some one banging on side of boat got up but no one about , Finally got to sleep about 2 am , moved today and noticed something had been thrown on the side of our boat on closer inspection it was sticky and it smelled like turps and varnish ( like someone had cleaned ther varnish brushes in turps ) just spent hours cleaning it off , there where another 3 boats moored up nothing done to them , last time we where in Skipton about 10 days ago moored more or less in the same spot we had decorators white filler thrown on the side of the boat l thought it was kids messing about  again there was another 2 boats nothing on them , we now have a very good idea who is responsible

IMG_2646_zpsty1exlw8.jpg

IMG_2645_zpsxyhfmbgb.jpg

IMG_2644_zpsbvynusyx.jpg

IMG_2643_zpsldmllsea.jpg

IMG_2642_zpscivyxiwi.jpg

Edited by luggsy
No pictures

Sorry to hear about this. We've been on the receiving end of vandalism ourselves and it's not a pleasant feeling. You should probably report both incidents to the police - even if they don't do anything, at least the incidents are then on file if anything more happens.

Just now, rgreg said:

So do you suspect another boater, a resident who doesn't want you there, or someone else with an axe to grind?

Yes another boater but don't know why, and to be truthful they are a bit nub as they are doing DIY on the boat so it's pretty obvious 

We also have had problems with vandalism of this type in the Marina, with boats spray painted with offensive language. We know who did. But the police have done nothing as the person is a (Bargee) traveller. The Cambridgeshire Police have softly softly policy to travellers be they road or bargee. After the last case of vandalism, Foxes have raided the piggy bank and are installing CCTV all round the marina.

A few years ago I remember a couple of incidents of random vandalism with paint in Skipton.  On that occasion the boat owner was equally mystified why they had been singled out when all the other boats moored fore and aft had been left alone.   I wonder if there is a connection.  IIRC the boat was moored just past the water point (heading west) in town.  Were you in the same location Luggsy?  

Yep, that's where the other boat was.  

It's really odd this, someone has to really go out of their way to vandalise a boat in this fashion without being noticed.   I'd definitely report it to the police and mention that you are aware there have been other incidents in the area.  

I had already moved from Skipton  , it was when I was mooring up that I looked at it proper I did notice it when we where leaving Skipton and just thought it was tea or something , the person I suspect has only been in Skipton 6 or 7 months