Gas Cooker Installation

Jacobyte

Featured Posts

Hello, I am wanting to have installed a Lpg cooker on my cruiser currently moored at Sawley Marina near Long Eaton, had Chris from Ovation Boat Services have a look and he says it can be done, I recently contacted him and he is booked up to April with work, are there any other company's near there that could fit the cooker for me, Thanks for any help/info.

Edited by Jacobyte

On 21/03/2017 at 07:10, Jacobyte said:

Hello, I am wanting to have installed a Lpg cooker on my cruiser currently moored at Sawley Marina near Long Eaton, had Chris from Ovation Boat Services have a look and he says it can be done, I recently contacted him and he is booked up to April with work, are there any other company's near there that could fit the cooker for me, Thanks for any help/info.

Is this a whole new gas installation from scratch? Or one old cooker out and one new cooker in, connected to the existing gas supply?

If the former then I suggest you wait until April. It's only a week or two!

If the latter then you disconnecting and removing the old cooker from the boat, and unpacking the new one and standing it in place will greatly reduce the time involved in fitting a new cooker for the gas bod. 

Getting the old one out of the boat and the new one unpacked and in place accounts for 80% of the time in replacing a cooker.

One final point, gas bods draw a big distinction between fitting a free-standing cooker, and fitting a hob into a worktop with a separate gas oven appliance beneath. This is ten times the work of connecting up a free-standing gas cooker. Make sure you are clear about which it is to whoever you approach. I have in the past arrived to connect up a cooker as a favour for someone to find re-cutting the worktop and adjusting the oven space cabinet to accept the new oven was a long day's work instead of the 30 minutes I had been lead to expect!

Thanks, will use gasregister to find a new contractor and check'em out for fitting of appliance, it's a brand new cooker, not replacing an old one so needs pipework fitting.

6 hours ago, mross said: