#1  Did you know? Post numbers are once again displayed to the right of each post. 

Canal World

Join us absolutely Free in just two minutes to gain access to all our features. Once registered, you will be able to submit new content and get answers to your all your canal & boating questions all for absolutely Free!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rivergate

Progress on dock

37 posts in this topic

And now for sale.

Will she need to come out next year or is she good for a couple of years?

Posted (edited) · Report post

So something was found on dock then, as you dont normally do all that work to just sell you would just reseam and black rather than the extra time of scrapping and corking.

Edited by billybobbooth

2 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

So something was found on dock then, as you dont normally do all that work to just sell you would just reseam and black rather than the extra time of scrapping and corking.

Nope - that is probably more reflective of your character than mine Billbob :) -  other than the pic I shared where we let a couple of blocks in she seems fine...the work was done to start the catch up of lack of maintenance properly ...and because it is fun to do  :) 

..she is now offered for sale because my family want a bigger boat and her sale would help fund that.. :) 

Edited by rivergate

What an interesting forum item, supprisingly I didn't notice it on here before the E bay advert, I was seriously going to go for it, glue eh. ! mmm, is it still on the market ?, with an honest survey, I would think, not that important if you know what you are looking at, a useful bit of kit

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:17, billybobbooth said:

So BBB you put wooden boats on dock so you can fight and drink wine?

I can assure you i drank plenty with towy on dock.

But it still dont leak touch wood.

Edited by billybobbooth

There are about 5 boats mentioned in this thread, however assuming your question refers to the OP "Progress"

Yes it sold.  I met the new owner at Stoke Bruerne a few weeks back, he was merrily chucking paint at the top-sides while sucking his head and shaking his teeth.

...yes - I sold to what I thought was her best home rather than the highest bidder...they seemed very pleased on the day but its a shame if they are not so pleased with her now -  - they had the benefit of both the pictures here and advice from Trevor who was there on the day so certainly had the best infomation at the time..

She's a lovely little boat and we had some great trips in her in the short time we owned her.

I lived in a back cabin for a decade or so and found it very comfortable but without a cross bed, Progress 'es internal layout needed to be substantially changed to fit with our needs and even then, her very narrow gunnels would have made social family boating not practical for us at all but I was sad to see her go...

....we continue to look for the right boat for us tho as one thing Progress did do was get my sons enjoying the actual boating - just not so much in Progress :) 

17349345_1260536957357156_1721681051_o.jpg

IMG_2017.JPG

Progress-L.jpg

DSC00552.JPG

I don't think it was Progress they're not enjoying.

They were trying to paint in between spits of rain and muggins (like me) constantly interrupting them with daft questions like "OOH ..... is that Progress?"