Pump out fitting

jddevel

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Advice please. Just purchased a complete kit- toilet holding tank etc. Should I have expected the pump out outlet to have been marked accordingly. Is it a BSS requirement or just common sense?

Some are, some aren't.  Mine aren't but have a metal "label" above like..  believe it's a requirement to have them labelled.

pump_out_label.jpg

Edited by Robbo

2 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Advice please. Just purchased a complete kit- toilet holding tank etc. Should I have expected the pump out outlet to have been marked accordingly. Is it a BSS requirement or just common sense?

It is a BSS requirement so that when the 'baddies' come to steal your diesel they don't syphon your 'crap' by mistake and then sue you for giving them some horrible disease.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It is a BSS requirement so that when the 'baddies' come to steal your diesel they don't syphon your 'crap' by mistake and then sue you for giving them some horrible disease.

So get a nice label that says "Really expensive diesel" and affix it by your pump out whenever you're away from the boat. 

• Greenie 1

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The contents of my holding tank will only enhance their lives.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:06, Alan de Enfield said:

I can't find that in the BSS, or are you just jesting  ?

the only ones they concerned with are fuel, it would appear.

Just now, Bazza954 said:

I can't find that in the BSS, or are you just jesting  ?

the only ones they concerned with are fuel, it would appear.

2.1.3/R REQUIREMENT

Are all disused fuel filling points disabled? Check all fuel filling points and other deck connections. Identify any that are marked as fuel filling points, or that may be taken to be fuel filling points, but are no longer connected to a fuel tank. Check for signs of disabling. Unused fuel filling points must be permanently disabled to such an extent that it would require the use of tools to remove the disabling method. Note – The use of a suitable proprietary adhesive to secure filling point caps or plugs in place etc. meets this requirement. Having the right diameter line will help make sure that any fuelfilling nozzle is properly inserted and will help prevent ‘blow back’ of fuel when refuelling. Is the internal diameter of the fuel filling point at least

Yes Robbo, 

Are all disused fuel filling points disabled?

that is all in regard to fuel filling points, nowhere does it say specifically, your pump out must be marked up, that was my point.

My pump out is not labelled.

I had to remove the label from my pump-out fitting, because it often meant that the attachment nozzle wouldn't fit properly. Of course, at BSS time it gets put back, with a bit of Blu-Tak (but don't tell my BSS inspector)

Just now, Bazza954 said:

Yes Robbo, 

Are all disused fuel filling points disabled?

that is all in regard to fuel filling points, nowhere does it say specifically, your pump out must be marked up, that was my point.

My pump out is not labelled.

Yes regarding filling points that could be regarded as a fuel point like a unmarked pump out point.

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

My interpretation is that the pump-out hole can be marked as anything you want, provided that it doesn't say 'diesel'.

Could I suggest 'lager'?

Exactly, have a greeny or whatever they are called these days.  

10 hours ago, jddevel said:

Reponse from supplier. Pump out cap is marked. Must admit on very very close inspection there is a symbol on the surface very indistinct but I intend fixing something more obvious- relating to effluent.

That conjured up an image I could have happily done without! ;)