Mooring fee increase

Jim Riley

Featured Posts

Just had a letter giving reasons for the 28% increase in my offside mooring fee. Apparently the towpath side site that they were comparing it to, The Pickering and Arnold site near Hebden Bridge, has closed, so they are now comparing it with Hebden Bridge moorings @ £66pmpy+vat. A place with water and sani point, shops, a dry dock etc. 
My mooring is 10 miles away, at the Summit of Rochdale Canal, 4 hours to the nearest water/sani point. 
They've asked if there are any private moorings around so I've sent off the info, the Calder Valley Cruising Club at Callis Mill charge approx £40pmpy. I've had an acknowledgement and my email has been forwarded to Jenny Whitehall and David Halliwell, both at the top of the mooring food chain. 
I'll keep you updated.

Read more: http://thunderboat.boards.net/thread/1668/mooring-fee-increase#ixzz4baaRJ8nz

43 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Just had a letter giving reasons for the 28% increase in my offside mooring fee. Apparently the towpath side site that they were comparing it to, The Pickering and Arnold site near Hebden Bridge, has closed, so they are now comparing it with Hebden Bridge moorings @ £66pmpy+vat. A place with water and sani point, shops, a dry dock etc. 
My mooring is 10 miles away, at the Summit of Rochdale Canal, 4 hours to the nearest water/sani point. 
They've asked if there are any private moorings around so I've sent off the info, the Calder Valley Cruising Club at Callis Mill charge approx £40pmpy. I've had an acknowledgement and my email has been forwarded to Jenny Whitehall and David Halliwell, both at the top of the mooring food chain. 
I'll keep you updated.

Read more: http://thunderboat.boards.net/thread/1668/mooring-fee-increase#ixzz4baaRJ8nz

Jim just looking, is your mooring higher than the moorings at Ripon? My online mooring is a pound a foot per week including VAT how does that equate to your pmpy? equasion?

My boat is 32ft, cost has risen by 28% to £314 including ppd. Mooring "Warland lock 35/36 is one lock down from Rochdale Canal Summit, certainly the highest broad canal mooring, I know of no "ordinary" moorings on the Huddersfield that high, only the trip boat. I know it's relatively cheap but 28%, comparing it to a mooring with full facilities 10 miles away is extracting the urine (I must remember which site I'm posting on (insert a laughing emoji of your own, mine have been censored (cross emoji)). There are 3 other moorings here.  Before the new regime came in they were the cheapest moorings on the network, I came across that in a Canal magazine. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

My boat is 32ft, cost has risen by 28% to £314 including ppd. Mooring "Warland lock 35/36 is one lock down from Rochdale Canal Summit, certainly the highest broad canal mooring, I know of no "ordinary" moorings on the Huddersfield that high, only the trip boat. I know it's relatively cheap but 28%, comparing it to a mooring with full facilities 10 miles away is extracting the urine (I must remember which site I'm posting on (insert a laughing emoji of your own, mine have been censored (cross emoji)). There are 3 other moorings here.  Before the new regime came in they were the cheapest moorings on the network, I came across that in a Canal magazine. 

And a very nice spot it is too though I have not been up there for 25 years but doubt its changed much?

It's no wonder more and more boaters are choosing 'dumping' instead of a (previously) cheap on line mooring.

Moving the boat a mile or so once a fortnight really isn't that onerous when it saves you CRT on line prices these days.