STAFF VACANCY; Financial Administrator and Marketing Manager

DHutch

Featured Posts

Due to continued expansion of the staff team a number of vacancies exist in our site staff.

At present we have a vacancy for a financial administrator to replace Ange who is standing down after many years sterling work and for a marketing manager to handle advertising and merchandise. Applicants will work alongside myself and the staff team, details of the roles are below.

Financial Administrator

• Management of the sites finances, budget, incoming funds, payments.
  • Reporting and basic forecasting on outgoing and incoming funds, donations etc.
  • Advising on financial requirements/obligations of the organisation.
  • Must be familiar with PayPal account management or willing to learn.

Marketing Manager

• External advertising of the forum, magazine articles, and similar.
  • Leading and coordinate site fund-raising initiatives, donations, etc.
  • Develop and expand the sites merchandise range. Window stickers, clothing, etc.
  • Proactive approach required, photoshop/illustrator skills and access desirable.

Roles have some degree of flexibility depending on the successful applicant.

It is hard to say how much time the roles will take, however expectations will be in line with what would reasonably fit into a few hours a week at a maximum, as with other voluntary roles within the site staff.

If you are interesting in taking on either role within the forum staff please contact myself (link below) or one of the existing moderators and inform them of your interest, if possible please provide a short explanation of the reasons you are interested in joining the team, and any experience, knowledge or skills you can offer. 

Further more if you have any suggestions as to member who you feel may be suitable and or interesting in joining the team please pass any information on to us and we will contact that member in question, anonymously or otherwise.

It is essential to the sites future that we fill these roles, so if you are able to give your time to the operation of our great site we welcome you to come forward and join us in what is a very rewarding task of keeping this excellent forum operating.

Send me a PM : LINK

Any questions please ask in this topic or via PM.

Daniel
Site Owner

On 3/19/2017 at 10:37, Jim Riley said:

Minimum wage?

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. As with existing roles within the site staff, including my own, these roles are unpaid voluntary and they are intended to be of a nature which can fit into the persons current lifestyles. I think staff past and present would vouch for the fact that the expectations placed on them are reasonable and while an amount of time is expected, the work rate is a manageable one.

Daniel

33 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. As with existing roles within the site staff, including my own, these roles are unpaid voluntary and they are intended to be of a nature which can fit into the persons current lifestyles. I think staff past and present would vouch for the fact that the expectations placed on them are reasonable and while an amount of time is expected, the work rate is a manageable one.

Daniel

Following Daniel's comments, I would think that these roles have the scope for the person who takes them to develop them according to their availability.  As they are voluntary, there is no specific expectation to do a particular number of hours a week or anything like that, but a reasonable level of commitment would be needed.

I offered my services as a mod for the simple reason that this forum has been of considerable benefit to me over the years, in many ways and it's in my nature to want to repay that in some way.

I'd recommend anyone to put their name forward.