London Canal Museum

mark99

Featured Posts

Traversing London. Booked a mooring at LCMuseum.

Heading up the Lee, what's a good next mooring area after museum?

TIA

NB our LCMuseum mooring is on a Monday so museum not open...... is it obvious where to moor when we get there?

13 hours ago, mark99 said:

Traversing London. Booked a mooring at LCMuseum.

Heading up the Lee, what's a good next mooring area after museum?

TIA

NB our LCMuseum mooring is on a Monday so museum not open...... is it obvious where to moor when we get there?

The museum mooring is towards the end of Battlebridge Basin in the left. Most people turn the boat before mooring up to make getting away easier. Power and water is available. If you are leaving the boat you will need the code for the gate to get back in which you should have got when booking.

From the Canal Museum I would go to Limehouse Marina and moor on the 24hr VM'S there, there's usually plenty of space. Then have an early ish start up the River Lea and go as far as you can, Cheshunt should be easily achievable. I moored outside the cafe and little basin there but can't remember what it's called. From then on you can stop wherever you feel like I think.

Just now, junior said:

From the Canal Museum I would go to Limehouse Marina and moor on the 24hr VM'S there, there's usually plenty of space. Then have an early ish start up the River Lea and go as far as you can, Cheshunt should be easily achievable. I moored outside the cafe and little basin there but can't remember what it's called. From then on you can stop wherever you feel like I think.

I find that Ponders End is a reasonable days boating from Central London where you can nomally moor.

Tim

2 hours ago, junior said:

If you need boat level easy access the disabled moorings are currently being utilised by CRT to moor Jena (she has been there for over a week now) for an "event" with no end date on the mooring restriction.  Otherwise the "wall" only had one other vessel on the 24hour spot this morning on my way to the office.

2 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

I find that Ponders End is a reasonable days boating from Central London where you can nomally moor.

Tim

I got it in my mind to bimble along to the Canal Museum and next day head down and give it some oil to get as far up as I can....  :)