Do you want to live aboard for 6 months ?

Keeping Up

Featured Posts

Some friends of mine who live on a 55-foot narrowboat, have been offered a 6-month contract in Australia starting almost immediately. They will be taking their toddler with them but not their boat (obviously) or their 3 dogs. They are looking for someone who would like to live on their boat for 6 months; there would be no rental payment involved, but the occupiers would need to make a guaranteed commitment to stay for the whole 6 months and to look after the dogs properly (one black labrador, one Jack Russell cross, and one 9-month-old Jack Russell puppy - all well behaved and good with children).

The boat is currently near Milton Keynes but the occupiers could relocate it to the destination of their choice. A mooring at Stoke Hammond with all services could be made available (for a fee) but only for about 3 months or so; after that, or in any other location, finding a mooring would be the occupier's responsibility. It's a 55-footer, with one fixed double berth (extendible to king-size) and 2 occasional berths in the lounge which can be configured as a double or 2 singles. All the usual live-aboard fittings are available (washing machine, generator, etc) and as an ex-hire boat it of course has a pump-out toilet.

If anyone is genuinely interested in this offer - and is prepared to make the commitment involved - please PM me and I'll give you my friends' mobile number (they don't have internet access)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe it! I'm relocating back to Milton Keynes from Spain. I've been looking for a NB with Residential mooring for ages but without any luck. So I've just signed a 6 month rental contract on a house in Simpson MK. THEN I found this forum and this offer. As I said " I Don't Believe It!".

Please get in touch if the offer is still open in 4-6 month or so.

I am very serious here.

I am in the process of researching buying, owning and living aboard for a very first time. I am also looking in that exact area so I can still commute to London and the GF can get to Northampton. This qwould be the perfect way for us to see if we like, it, save and get used to the lifestyle.

We both have no comittements and can move immediatly. Please please get in contact with me if the boat is half decent I would be there is a flash.