'Time period' filter defaulted to 365 days?

mross

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, mross said:

In one of my custom streams, the 'time'period' filter has changed itself from 'anytime' to 365 days.  I deleted this stream and recreated it but, again, the time period has changed to 365 days.  I wonder why?

What the hell is a custom stream and time period filter?

37 minutes ago, WotEver said:

1A,6B,5A,2B,3A,4B,6A,1B,2A,5B,4A,3B :)

Correct.....now did you google it? Sad thing is I remember it from when I used to run proper cars and remembered all sorts of crap like that :D

I'll admit that I Googled to confirm that my memory was right - and it was :)

i just remember 165 234 612 543 and that it starts os front. We used to have one.

Today we have one that goes 12734568 which in old money would be...1A,1B,4A,2A,2B,3A,3B,4B which seems a very odd sequence to me but Jag must know what they're doing.

I must say, I dont have an answer to that question.

It might be that RichM has changed the setting to reduce server load, and or test its effect on server load, as we are doing a bit of an audit on the server load ahead of moving back to our normal host, from the temporary dedicated server we used for rebuilding the site following the version upgrade.

Daniel

7 hours ago, mross said:

View New Content.txt this will show you.

Thank you, this is very helpful.  

My next challenge is to see if I can find a way so that certain forums are excluded from this sort of thread. So for example with the old software the virtual pub never appeared when I hit VNC

Yes, you can do this with the filter 'content types' and there is a drop-down list where you would need to select everything EXCEPT 'virtual pub'

I'm tempted to do this to exclude the utterly banal 'word games' and the 'Brexit' threads which don't belong on CWDF.  But I am oddly drawn to contribute occasionally!

1 minute ago, mross said:

Yes, you can do this with the filter 'content types' and there is a drop-down list where you would need to select everything EXCEPT 'virtual pub'

I'm tempted to do this to exclude the utterly banal 'word games' and the 'Brexit' threads which don't belong on CWDF.  But I am oddly drawn to contribute occasionally!

Surely the whole point of the virtual pub is to allow space for things not related to boats and threads are easy to ignore.

1 hour ago, mross said:

Thank you. I think I've got it ...

15 hours ago, mross said:

Yes, but they clutter my screen and I have to open them to get rid of them.

Don't quite understand this.  When I open something it doesn't get rid of it.  I guess you must have set it that way.  Surely scrolling past something in 'condensed' form isn't a big deal?

• 3 years later...
On 15/03/2017 at 09:23, mross said:

It was called Anonimity when I bought it.  (And, yes, it is misspelt.)

Actually Anonimity was deliberately misspelt when named as new in 1990 as an example of phonetic spelling typical of some boat painters work in the working boat days .. Several examples can be seen on GUCCCo boats especially Star class boats. In my years of ownership only one person mentioned it to me tho. 

I purchased Anonimity from the original owners in 2010, the Mitchell's, who had her built in 1990 and sold her after having a new replacement built, again with an RN. I sold her to friends in 2013. We moored her at Yelvertoft marina near Rugby. Our friends moored her at Reading and sold her in 2015 when they moved to US. Not sure of ownership after that. How long have you owned her?