Is Colwich Lock 21 still closed?

jono2.0

Featured Posts

I'm currently on the Trent & Mersey Canal (near Weston Upon Trent) eagerly awaiting Colwich Lock 21 to open on Friday 17th March.  Does anyone know, is it still closed? Despite the stoppage notice on CRT site, two different boaters passing me have indicated that is was all done and open.  I'm not entirely sure they are right as they may have joined the Trent & Mersey at Great Haywood via the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal.

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I think Colwich lock is below Great Haywood so they will have passed through it even if coming from S& W

It is below GH, ie between GH and Rugeley, but that means you don't go through it when joining from the S&W to go north towards Weston. Of course there is another Weston near the S end of the T&M but I don't think the OP means that since there is Fradley Jn to add to the possible entry points.

I can confirm, it is definitely open.  I've just driven down there in my car and taken a look today Tuesday 14th.  Apart from a few freshly painted cill markers, you'd never know there was any work done to it.  I wish CRT would keep their website updated as I've been waiting north of the lock since Friday grrr.

55 minutes ago, jono2.0 said:

I can confirm, it is definitely open.  I've just driven down there in my car and taken a look today Tuesday 14th.  Apart from a few freshly painted cill markers, you'd never know there was any work done to it.  I wish CRT would keep their website updated as I've been waiting north of the lock since Friday grrr.

Make a complaint - to them, no point in complaining on here!