"quote" bar

Featured Posts

Since the updates I keep getting the bar with the quote button on the right hand end appearing part way up the post in different places, sometimes across the posters avatar, sometimes a bit further down across the posters details. It appears to be quite random, is it just me, something I have done? or something I have missed? a lot of the technical stuff goes right over my head.

Steve

I get it as well.

For example (on your last post Mr Oss) there is a 'greyed out' bar all the way across the screen, about 1/2" deep that is covering the bottom part of your avatar and a couple of lines' of text (ie the number of greenies you have and your 'members' category)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

10 minutes ago, mross said:

AdE, what device are you using?  I get that if I put the mouse/cursor over someone's avatar.

Laptop - Windows 8:1

On your last post, he "quote line" covers from the 'members' line down to the 'location' line and all the way across the 'page'

It appears o be a 'floating fault' moving up and down the screen.

After all of the problems I had trying to set up the 'new' system I had given up asking questions, but as it was raised by the OP I thought I'd let him know he is 'not alone'.

Edit to add : If I hover (no clicking, just hovering) over an avatar it opens up a new window with all of the persons details.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Hi, is their any chance you can get a screenshot of this? Either using the snipping tool or printscreen/alt+printscreen and pasting into paint.

I will get Rich to look into what the cause might be, but it also might be as mross says, that the simplest solution is just to use an alternative browser or the 'legacy' theme.

Daniel

10 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Hi, is their any chance you can get a screenshot of this? Either using the snipping tool or printscreen/alt+printscreen and pasting into paint.

I will get Rich to look into what the cause might be, but it also might be as mross says, that the simplest solution is just to use an alternative browser or the 'legacy' theme.

Daniel

Does this help ?

Screen Shot.docx

7 hours ago, mross said:

I can reproduce this bug on my laptop with Win10 and IE11.  IPSFocus ought to sort this out as, I believe, CWDF is paying for this 'skin'?

So can I, using IE11 on Win7. Interestingly it only shows if you are logged in, which is why it wont have shown when I tested it previously. Opera and Chome are both fine.

As you say, we are paying for a 3rd party produced skin from IPSFocus who I understand are reputable in the field, so I will raise it with then and we will take it from there!

Daniel

12 minutes ago, DHutch said:

So can I, using IE11 on Win7. Interestingly it only shows if you are logged in, which is why it wont have shown when I tested it previously. Opera and Chome are both fine.

As you say, we are paying for a 3rd party produced skin from IPSFocus who I understand are reputable in the field, so I will raise it with then and we will take it from there!

Daniel

Just another 'new thing'.

I seem to have suddenly developed a 'narrow black bar' across the screen that says "New Content Begins Here"

Its not a problem, but I have not noticed it previously - does everyone have it ?

15 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Daniel

Also using Win7 IE11, the grey bar appeared as soon as I moved out of the 'Legacy' theme.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Just another 'new thing'.

I seem to have suddenly developed a 'narrow black bar' across the screen that says "New Content Begins Here"

Its not a problem, but I have not noticed it previously - does everyone have it ?

I do, I noticed it yesterday.

Steve