How to make

bizzard

Featured Posts

This device is a more gentle version of my old back scrubber, the angle grinder with a wire cup brush attached and bolted to the bathroom wall, upon which one gyrated ones back. This was a little aggressive if one had a tender back. I heard rumours of folk emerging from their bathroom in pain, looking like a skinless sausage, all covered in blood.  This version is non mechanical, very simple to make non aggressive and quite gentle to use.  All that's required is a flat stick about 2' long by an inch wide, two of those small dual cleaning sponges, the ones with a green scourer on one side and sponge on the other and glue.  Stick one sponge sponge side outwards to one end of the stick and another scourer side outwards on the other side of the stick, adjacent to the first one.  That's it folks. Let the glue set and its ready for use. Scrub, with soap and water your back firstly with the scourer side to remove ingrained muck, finishing off with the sponge side for a lovely deep sheen and supple finish. No more rubbing itchy backs up and down on door posts.

44 minutes ago, NB Lola said:

This idea is simply dangerous, missus added some tongs and can now wash the dishes without getting her hands wet, where will this lead to?

As long as she is doing the washing up I cannot see a problem.

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

This device is a more gentle version of my old back scrubber, the angle grinder with a wire cup brush attached and bolted to the bathroom wall, upon which one gyrated ones back. This was a little aggressive if one had a tender back. I heard rumours of folk emerging from their bathroom in pain, looking like a skinless sausage, all covered in blood.  This version is non mechanical, very simple to make non aggressive and quite gentle to use.  All that's required is a flat stick about 2' long by an inch wide, two of those small dual cleaning sponges, the ones with a green scourer on one side and sponge on the other and glue.  Stick one sponge sponge side outwards to one end of the stick and another scourer side outwards on the other side of the stick, adjacent to the first one.  That's it folks. Let the glue set and its ready for use. Scrub, with soap and water your back firstly with the scourer side to remove ingrained muck, finishing off with the sponge side for a lovely deep sheen and supple finish. No more rubbing itchy backs up and down on door posts.

I have a problem with that, the switch has just failed on my mini grinder, just as I was attacking some of the many patches of rust I have on the boat with it.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have a problem with that, the switch has just failed on my mini grinder, just as I was attacking some of the many patches of rust I have on the boat with it.

You should have water proofed it before taking it in the shower.

About 30 years ago I actually made an implement almost identical to Bizzard's description, in order to clean bird **** off the outside of an upstairs window which could only be reached through a louvre at the top. Mine was a single sponge model, with the sponge held on tightly by several elastic bands. I'd put a dab of washing up liquid and a little water on the sponge, stand on a chair, open the louvre and put my arm through, and the implement would soon loosen stuff enough that after rinsing the sponge in a bowl of water the window could be wiped clean by a second pass.

As I was married at the time I could have asked my wife to scrub my back, but never bothered to offer her this opportunity; is this why I ended up divorced?