Diesel in the fresh water tank

John Hudson

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Lend your boat to a relative for a week would seem to me to be the easiest way to get diesel in the wrong place.

Very true. Many years ago I had a Riley Elf (an original BMC Mini with a boot), which I lent to my grandfather. 

He was confused by the transverse engine and topped the radiator up with engine oil :o

I'm still getting to know our boat. I enthusiastically took part in some of the maintenance at the weekend, first topping up the fresh water, then opened the pump out cap to put the diesel in.... 

Thankfully the bloke at the marina knew where the fuel was supposed to go :lol:

1 hour ago, Amber34 said:

I'm still getting to know our boat. I enthusiastically took part in some of the maintenance at the weekend, first topping up the fresh water, then opened the pump out cap to put the diesel in.... 

Thankfully the bloke at the marina knew where the fuel was supposed to go :lol:

And I thought my BSS examiner was picky over my painted over filler cap signs!!!!:unsure:

4 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

You mean relatives are expected to put fuel in?:angry:

or relatives thought it would be a nice idea to top up the fuel to say thanks for the loan of the boat.

• Greenie 1