Banjo bolt

Montecarlo

Featured Posts

Ok here goes

Got a banjo connection that feeds diesel into my engine.Its the main feed from the fuel tank. Now it's leaking so I'm replacing the copper crush washers. Now the bolt is hollow along its length but it also has a hole horizontally across the bolt going thru the "hollow tube " this hole or two holes about 5 mill in diameter  Does this hole or holes have to align with the the fuel pipe going into the fitting, or will the fuel still go thru if it's not exactly aligned. Sorry I've not explained  this too well! My problem is that I have to nip up the washer nice and tight and this tightened position may not correspond with my holes being in line with the pipe.

Copper washers don't need to be crushed.  If they have gone hard you can soften them easily in a gas flame on your cooker.  Just hang them off a fork and heat until cherry red.  Then drop them and said fork into cold water.  This is not essential to the annealing but stops them melting carpet or counter top!

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, jonesthenuke said:

Dowty washers may be posh but they also work very well and can seal on mildly worn faces. I abandoned copper washers long ago.

Are they the ones with the built in rubber ring?