What happened this time

Featured Posts

The site was off the air when I first tried it this morning, circa 7 a.m. I assume that it was one of the shut-downs, of which we were given warning, for technical work by CWDF's boffins. As I do not have the e-mail addresses of any of the other moddies, I couldn't get in touch with them to verify this.

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

The site was off the air when I first tried it this morning, circa 7 a.m. I assume that it was one of the shut-downs, of which we were given warning, for technical work by CWDF's boffins. As I do not have the e-mail addresses of any of the other moddies, I couldn't get in touch with them to verify this.

I wouldn't worry , I am sure your application for access to the inner-sanctum is up for consideration at the next 'quarter sessions' of the Norfolk circuit.

It was an unplanned outage, sorry...

We are on a temporary server which was set up by us and supported entirely by us, to speed up the rebuilding process during the migration to the new version of the software. It has 3x 120GB SSDs and we have 3 data stores spanning across the 3 hard drives. We store most backups off site but we hold some on the local SSDs. CWDF uses more space than it did previously and the last backup task caused it to run out of space. Not ideal though the current server was only set up for temporary use. I perform regular house keeping tasks but we are still running tight so will need to work on it this evening when I'm home from work.

In an ideal world we'd have terabytes of storage but we use faster SSDs for performance with the downside of having less space. They are not cheap.

RichM

16 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I wouldn't worry , I am sure your application for access to the inner-sanctum is up for consideration at the next 'quarter sessions' of the Norfolk circuit.

Whatever you're on, is it not a little early in the day?

"Outage", that's the word, thanks Rich.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Whatever you're on, is it not a little early in the day?

I seem to remember that I had to attend the quarter-sessions (many moons ago) for the consideration of my application to become a licensee - thought maybe entry into the inner-sanctum of the forum hierarchy would be similar.

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Or do you mean "Outrage"?

I'm sure that, to some dedicated followers of CWDF, any outage is tantamount to an outrage - but for technical reasons which I have no hope of ever understanding, they will happen from time to time.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I'm sure that, to some dedicated followers of CWDF, any outage is tantamount to an outrage - but for technical reasons which I have no hope of ever understanding, they will happen from time to time.

did the outage also remove Ange from her post?

7 hours ago, RichM said:

It was an unplanned outage, sorry...

We are on a temporary server which was set up by us and supported entirely by us, to speed up the rebuilding process during the migration to the new version of the software. It has 3x 120GB SSDs and we have 3 data stores spanning across the 3 hard drives. We store most backups off site but we hold some on the local SSDs. CWDF uses more space than it did previously and the last backup task caused it to run out of space. Not ideal though the current server was only set up for temporary use. I perform regular house keeping tasks but we are still running tight so will need to work on it this evening when I'm home from work.

In an ideal world we'd have terabytes of storage but we use faster SSDs for performance with the downside of having less space. They are not cheap.

RichM

I have a 'spare' 240 GB SSD that I would happily donate to your server if it helps, Rich. (not had a lot of use so plenty of life left in it)

• Greenie 1