Have I become a fallen woman???

OliveOyl

Featured Posts

I keep getting notifications that " so and so has given you reputation" - can someone please advise what this means?

Myself and another contributor asked for this reputation malarkey to be explained on a different posting, but nothing has appeared as yet.

Does it have negative connotations? Am I (or anyone else that gets it) contravening some rules?

Please advise so I can mend my ways :unsure:

• Greenie 3

2 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Making a post that someone likes and thinks is worth a reward.

Oh right, glad to be of service then :D

Just now, tree monkey said:

Just got one from me, it just shows someone likes your post. :)

Okey dokey, thanks TM

You wrote a long post last week that was eloquent and expressive.  Reputation used to be called 'greenies' on here.  They are permanent and like kudos.  It's sad, isn't it, that a woman can gain a reputation or she can lose her reputation and both are deemed to be bad.  But, on here, it means that that we love your opinions.

You might be if you can't reach the ceiling lights without standing on a chair, be careful. Olive Oyl had a reputation, she went out with Popeye and Bluto,albeit kidnapped and carried off by Bluto,    SAVE ME POPEYE!!!      I'LL SAVES YER OLIVE. Pop,own goes the spinach,   DAAA DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAAA.  I'M A COMIN OLIVE AND I'LL KNOCK IM FROM STEM TO STERN!!!!

Edited by bizzard

6 minutes ago, mross said:

You wrote a long post last week that was eloquent and expressive.  Reputation used to be called 'greenies' on here.  They are permanent and like kudos.  It's sad, isn't it, that a woman can gain a reputation or she can lose her reputation and both are deemed to be bad.  But, on here, it means that that we love your opinions.

Did I?

Thank you mross, you are too kind! :wub: (she blushes)

Just now, bizzard said:

You might be if you can't reach the ceiling lights without standing on a chair, be careful. Olive Oyl had a reputation, she went out with Popeye and Bluto,albeit kidnapped and carried off by Bluto,    SAVE ME POPEYE!!!      I'LL SAVES YER OLIVE. Pop,own goes the spinach,   DAAA DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD DAAA, pop, down goes the spinach.  I'M A COMIN OLIVE AND I'LL KNOCK IM FROM STEM TO STERN!!!!

Oh Bizz - my hero! (and no, I can't reach me lights, I is shorter than the real Olive :P)

4 minutes ago, OliveOyl said:

Oh Bizz - my hero! (and no, I can't reach me lights, I is shorter than the real Olive :P)

I loved Popeye I used to rush home from school to watch on a B/W Murphy telly, the type that you had to draw the curtains to see the screen, even at night. Allo I think the tubes going.

1 minute ago, bizzard said:

I loved Popeye I used to rush home from school to watch on a B/W Murphy telly, the type that you had to draw the curtains to see the screen, even at night. Allo I think the tubes going.

Me too. I remember a lady calling at our house to survey what TV programs we liked and I kept chipping in "Popeye mummy, tell her about Popeye!"

Popeye used to appear in "TV Comic" and one edition included a free packet of "Spinach" guaranteed to promote superhuman strength.  My older sister got to it first and we had a huge fight over it which she won and I've never forgiven her.

While we're on the subject of old cartoons/kids TV I've never met anyone else who remembers "Space Patrol" which was my all time favourite before Thunderbirds. 

20 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Popeye used to appear in "TV Comic" and one edition included a free packet of "Spinach" guaranteed to promote superhuman strength.  My older sister got to it first and we had a huge fight over it which she won and I've never forgiven her.

While we're on the subject of old cartoons/kids TV I've never met anyone else who remembers "Space Patrol" which was my all time favourite before Thunderbirds. 

Space Patrol brings back memories,

Does anyone remember "Digger" From Tony Hart's Vision On

1 hour ago, Neil2 said:

SPACE PATROL !!!!!! Oh yes!

I don't think I've come across anyone else who remembers it.

A blond Venusian called Slim, a Martian called Husky and an Earthman whose name I can't recall as commander (of course)

Husky < in a deep Martian like voice > "I'm hungry. I think I'll have a sausage"

Slim < in a high Venusian voice > "You're always hungry Husky"

And wasn't there a strange creature called the Gabblerdictum bird?

While we're on the subject of ancient kids programs, any offers for Rubovia?

#I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive...#

I'd fly around the Universe on Fireball XL5

My heart would be a fireball

A fireball

And you would be my Venus of the stars.

I never fail to be amazed by the ammount of rubbish I carry about between my ear 'oles.

:)