Shepley Bridge Marina

Mr Norman

Featured Posts

I've been wandering around possible sites to find an alternative mooring and I visited Shepley Bridge Marina today. It seems the only operation left is the Safe Anchor Trust trip boats. There used to be a significant number of boats moored both on the workshop side and on the linear moorings opposite. These were serviced moorings with electric supply. There is not a boat to be seen on the tow path side now which used to be fully occupied. and a couple left on the workshop side as well as Brians MTB. I know Brian retired and his mechanic, Ross, went to Aspley Wharf. A few months ago I was there and was told that BW were going to be taking over the moorings. I contacted the local moorings manager and this was denied. Seems a shame to lose all these viable moorings in a pleasant environment. Anyone else have any knowledge or thoughts about this?

Rumour has it that Gordon Lambert has bought the marina.

I agree with pearly. With boats in the poly-tunnel and those moored nearby encroaching into the station mooring it leaves not enough space to get a 57ft boat alongside.