How To Get Rid of Multiple Posts ?

Featured Posts

Really struggling with this format :

Firstly have ended up with about a dozen pictures ( a dozen lines / new posts) of NC's boat - nice as they are I do not want to clog up my screen with them all, I think I have tried every permutation of Data, gallery etc etc etc but cannot stop them appearing.

Secondly - having just come back after about an hour away from the screen I have 8 posts (8 lines) all saying an additional post has been made in the Brexit thread - why can I not just have one line which will take me to the 1st one I have not read ?

I have set up a new 'VNC' as instructed a few days ago , but I am getting close to 'calling it a day' - dinosaur maybe, but I have better things to do and better formatted forums where I can discuss 'things' with like minded folk.

Thanks for the reply, yes I had done that (except for the 'make default' which I cannot find as an option) but I have repeated it and set up another one as per your instructions - however I am still getting many multiple posts for the same thread :

Edit : have added a 'screen shot' showing several posts re "Brexit", but whilst it showed up in the post it has now disappeared.

Doc1.docx

Edited by Alan de Enfield
To Add screen shot saved as a Word Doc

8 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Really struggling with this format :

Firstly have ended up with about a dozen pictures ( a dozen lines / new posts) of NC's boat - nice as they are I do not want to clog up my screen with them all, I think I have tried every permutation of Data, gallery etc etc etc but cannot stop them appearing.

Secondly - having just come back after about an hour away from the screen I have 8 posts (8 lines) all saying an additional post has been made in the Brexit thread - why can I not just have one line which will take me to the 1st one I have not read ?

I have set up a new 'VNC' as instructed a few days ago , but I am getting close to 'calling it a day' - dinosaur maybe, but I have better things to do and better formatted forums where I can discuss 'things' with like minded folk.

You and me both! I've been (perhaps naively) waiting for it to be sorted out by site staff, as surely it's not practical that all users of varied skill level should have to set up their interface individually? I've never had to delve into settings (except for notification preferences maybe) on any other forum, including the previous version of CWDF.

Is the dust gonna settle and all be well, or do we all need to do some reading and tweaking?