Bombarded with PhylisSpam

matty40s

Featured Posts

If your stream is set to 'content items, comment and reviews' you get this on top of topics.  These appear when photos are uploaded to the gallery AND when people comment on photos.  It's nothing to do with notifications.  This is what you get if you pick the standard stream 'unread items' but has only started recently when someone uploaded a few photos.

Just now, mross said:

It is not spam.  It is a coincidence.  Until very recently, no one was adding photos to the gallery or commenting on them.  It's a bit rude to call it spam.

Thats true, but she would say the same about us. ^_^

5 minutes ago, mross said:

Until very recently, no one was adding photos to the gallery or commenting on them.  It's a bit rude to call it spam.

Quite so. Other, superior, cooked meats are available.

I always enjoy Rachel's photo-travelogues and appreciate the time and effort which has gone into posting them on here.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Quite so. Other, superior, cooked meats are available.

I always enjoy Rachel's photo-travelogues and appreciate the time and effort which has gone into posting them on here.

I enjoyed the photos to, 

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thicko - Its a spelling error of her real name (Phyllis).

If you re-arrange the letters it spells Rachel too.

In a previous life there was a forum poster called Phylis who had a white tupperware craft. She enjoyed antagonising folks and allegedly wrote "the Art of Doing Lift and Swing Bridges" which unfortunately never made it to print as she lost the manuscript.

Following a few major flounces, and a conviction for speeding around the Bayford Pool in Lincoln,  she disappeared for a while.

A new forum member joined , with the same boat and mooring location as Phylis used to have. NaughtyCal took over the mantle and was the same kind of person.☺

After a few flounces and a couple of short term bans, she had a major flounce to end all flounces and left the forum, posting elsewhere that we were all vermin and no good , and she would never come back.

She does have a friend, Tony Dunkerly however, he hasn't been seen recently.

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 4

21 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

I don't understand any of this and the title mystifies me as well why is it funny to refer to Naughty Cal/Rachel as Phylis?  Is this some sort of in-joke or am I being thick? 

Phyllis (or Phylis) was her username before she forgot her password and had to re-register.

When she re-registered she chose her boat name as username.

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Phyllis (or Phylis) was her username before she forgot her password and had to re-register.

Ok but why do some members continue to refer to her as Phyllis?  I thought her proper name was Rachel.  It's all very confusing.

5 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Ok but why do some members continue to refer to her as Phyllis?  I thought her proper name was Rachel.  It's all very confusing.

Because her username used to be Phylis. I very much doubt your real name is Neil2 but if someone mentions Neil2, we know who they mean.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Because her username used to be Phylis. I very much doubt your real name is Neil2 but if someone mentions Neil2, we know who they mean.

But its an understable question to ask by someone who didn't know that,and is therfore confused by the reference.

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

But its an understable question to ask by someone who didn't know that,and is therfore confused by the reference.

But I thought I'd already explained that in my preceding post.

37 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

44 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I didn't realise that, I always refer to her as Phyllis on here

47 minutes ago, matty40s said:

If you re-arrange the letters it spells Rachel too.

In a previous life there was a forum poster called Phylis who had a white tupperware craft. She enjoyed antagonising folks and allegedly wrote "the Art of Doing Lift and Swing Bridges" which unfortunately never made it to print as she lost the manuscript.

Following a few major flounces, and a conviction for speeding around the Bayford Pool in Lincoln,  she disappeared for a while.

A new forum member joined , with the same boat and mooring location as Phylis used to have. NaughtyCal took over the mantle and was the same kind of person.☺

After a few flounces and a couple of short term bans, she had a major flounce to end all flounces and left the forum, posting elsewhere that we were all vermin and no good , and she would never come back.

She does have a friend, Tony Dunkerly however, he hasn't been seen recently.

Classic.

59 minutes ago, matty40s said:

In a previous life there was a forum poster called Phylis who had a white tupperware craft.

A crucial bit of info missing there. The name of Phylis's tupperware was "Naughty Cal".

Oh how I laughed when I first saw a boat called that...

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

A crucial bit of info missing there. The name of Phylis's tupperware was "Naughty Cal".

Oh how I laughed when I first saw a boat called that...

:lol:

The other less crucial bit of information is that I believe Phylis was her name for one of the acrs they owned.

(I've probably been on the forum too long!)