Bombarded with PhylisSpam

matty40s

Featured Posts

Since the new software came in, every 2nd update is either a new photo showing mainly non - canal photographs with white plastic boats in the,  and now, the same photos with someone, mainly NaughtyCal commenting on them.

Is it just me??

How do I stop this tipper ware parade.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Change how your notifications are set up and you won't get them :rolleyes:

Thought it was time the NC gallery was updated with some pictures that are less then 8 years old!

I did, I stopped images triggering it, so you then started to comment on them......☺

To be fair, Rachel, I think that Matty's opening post was meant in jest. I certainly took it that way. In fact, it could be seen as a "thank you for posting".

I certainly found the photos interesting, though I was fooled at fist: There is a St. Ives near us, but I looked at the pictures and thought "I don't recall the one in Cambridgeshire having a beach". Then the penny dropped. Perhaps that puts me amongst the ranks of them there thick people.

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

How can you be constructive? 

What is wrong with replying to a comment on a photo?

If people can't amend their notifications to what they do and don't want to see then that isn't my problem.

1.  If you can't be constructive in any way then at least try not to be the opposite of constructive (destructive?)

2.  Nothing is wrong with replying to comments.

My earlier comment was not directed at any one person, but a general point.  However, your comments were, IMO, less of a concern than others.

I don't intend to edit anything on this thread, I was just trying to make a gentle point.

As you were troops...

6 hours ago, matty40s said:

Since the new software came in, every 2nd update is either a new photo showing mainly non - canal photographs with white plastic boats in the,  and now, the same photos with someone, mainly NaughtyCal commenting on them.

Is it just me??

How do I stop this tipper ware parade.

6 hours ago, matty40s said:

I did, I stopped images triggering it, so you then started to comment on them......☺

Matty, as have been said, at some point (presumably unintentionally) you have request the forum software sent you notifications of this new content, as you have found you can turn these notifications off and should resolve the issue without the need to be rude about another members content.

6 hours ago, Laurie.Booth said:

I've got the same problem. It's been reported to my Anti Virus people.  :)

Laurie, as per the above if you are getting notifications that you do not wish to have you can turn these off at your will. Abusing the report function of your email client and or anti virus software will not help the larger picture and will likely result in issues with poor spam filtering for you and others in the future.

Daniel

8 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Matty, as have been said, at some point (presumably unintentionally) you have request the forum software sent you notifications of this new content, as you have found you can turn these notifications off and should resolve the issue without the need to be rude about another members content.

Laurie, as per the above if you are getting notifications that you do not wish to have you can turn these off at your will. Abusing the report function of your email client and or anti virus software will not help the larger picture and will likely result in issues with poor spam filtering for you and others in the future.

Daniel

I was joking and like the pictures, you don't think I really reported the pictures to an anti virus software,

:)

it's a sad day when old farts like us have to go to evening classes to be able to deal with the new CWDF software.

..........................  but maybe we are not wanted here.  ............ as I said before, I have never come across any issues like this with other forums.

12 hours ago, DHutch said:

Daniel

Not sure where I was rude.....

• Greenie 2