Surveyor recommendations around Crick

regthecat

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a boat from ABNB and would appreciate any recommendations for a majorly thorough surveyor. Also even though the boat has a current BSC valid until 2018 would you recommend a new one regardless at the time of buying?

Thanks

Hello, 

Our website (www.rugbyboats.co.uk) has a list of surveyors we would recommend. It is at the bottom of the home page. Prices do vary but they are all reputable and qualified.

If you are asking whether or not you should get a new safety certificate, the surveyor should pick up any issues so I would not think that this is necessary.

Regards

James

53 minutes ago, regthecat said:

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a boat from ABNB and would appreciate any recommendations for a majorly thorough surveyor. Also even though the boat has a current BSC valid until 2018 would you recommend a new one regardless at the time of buying?

Thanks

Trevor Whitling. 

http://www.whitlingmarine.com/

Although I'm not sure if he does grp

Edited by rusty69

A recommendation also for Trevor Whitling.  I think he is Crick based, so ideal on location.

However unless things have changed very recently he pulled out of doing stand-alone BSS exams a while back, to concentrate on just surveys.  You would need to ask if he can still do one if it is being done as an add on to a survey.

On 01/03/2017 at 18:55, Alway Swilby said:

Trevor Whitling did ours and did a very thorough job. He issued a new BSS as part of the job.

Likewise, Trevor surveyed our boat and issued a BSS certificate. Lovely man, very helpful, friendly and thorough.

Edited by Alan Wheeler

6 minutes ago, johnmck said:

David Hull is a top bloke. Honest as the day is long and very thorough. His contact details are on the ABNB site. .

With a name like David, he should be good for a hull survey. :rolleyes:

Edited by rusty69

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2017 at 10:31, rusty69 said:

Trevor Whitling. 

http://www.whitlingmarine.com/

Although I'm not sure if he does grp

Another vote of confidence for Trevor, who surveyed our boat up in Braunston. He is very thorough -- particularly on the hull.

Remember he's working for you,  so if you don't understand anything about the boat ask him and he'll investigate or explain it to you.