One boater explains the challenges of living on a canal

Ray T

Featured Posts

He's right about having to like the lifestyle and not expecting it to be like living in a house.   So far this year I've had the starter motor go on the generator, replace the raw water impeller on the genny as well (which is becoming to regular for my liking), a overheating problem with the main engine which I never manage to repeat or find the issue.  I will also find away of stopping the hatch from leaking one day as well.   This year I may get around to blacking the boat as well as paint the top.  

4 minutes ago, Robbo said:

He's right about having to like the lifestyle and not expecting it to be like living in a house.   So far this year I've had the starter motor go on the generator, replace the raw water impeller on the genny as well (which is becoming to regular for my liking), a overheating problem with the main engine which I never manage to repeat or find the issue.  I will also find away of stopping the hatch from leaking one day as well.   This year I may get around to blacking the boat as well as paint the top.  

Bring

Out

Another

Thousand

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Well I applaud the BBC for finally publishing an article saying living on a boat is rather a hard life, instead of what a fekkin' brilliant way it is of side-stepping the price of bricks in the capital.

................... and of course any factual accuracy on either side of the case no longer has to bea consideration, because it is only the BBC we are talking about.

23 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

................... and of course any factual accuracy on either side of the case no longer has to bea consideration, because it is only the BBC we are talking about.

The world of journalism has been getting its facts wrong (or simply making them up to suit the story) since the dawn of time. I have trained myself to no longer get exercised about it. A bit like split infinitives. 

Unnecessary changes to software user interfaces however, still stress me out mightily. You may not have noticed!.... :) 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

Boat: big hole in the water into which you throw money. 

Marina: Enormous hole in the water into which other people throw money. :captain:

Edited by cuthound
To unmangle the effects of autocorrect.

10 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Me too,I sometimes wonder if it would be OK to place more than one Lump of Coal on the Grate?:D

Steady on that's a bit extravagant! :clapping: