Quick quoting

mross

Featured Posts

If you click and drag to highlight part of someone's post, a bubble appears that says, 'quote this'  When you click on it it opens a new quote post all ready to add your biting sarcasm!.  This is much easier if you want to quote only part of a post.

Edited by mross
  • Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, mross said:

If you click and drag to highlight part of someone's post, a bubble appears that says, 'quote this'  When you click on it it opens a new quote post all ready to add your biting sarcasm!.  This is much easier if you want to quote only part of a post.

I just tried. It didn't. This is no surprise to me (because if my computer ability, I mean). If I want to quote a selected part of a post, I quote the whole thing and then delete the bits which I don't want.

I'll accept your word for it regarding the addition of biting sarcasm, as such mordancy is of course outside my experience.

26 minutes ago, mross said:

If you click and drag to highlight part of someone's post, a bubble appears that says, 'quote this'  When you click on it it opens a new quote post all ready to add your biting sarcasm!.

Even works on an Android tablet. 

Thanks Mr Oss. 

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How do you click and drag

Select a word by pressing on it then drag the highlight along. Works for selecting odd words to select bold too. 

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How do you click and drag on a touch screen mobile?

Hold your finger over the text. The cut & paste arrows appear.

Move them to the extremities of the text you want to quote.

Hold your finger over the highlighted text and a black "quote this" bubble appears.

Press it and the text magically appears in the text box.

2 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Hold your finger over the text. The cut & paste arrows appear.

Move them to the extremities of the text you want to quote.

Hold your finger over the highlighted text and a black "quote this" bubble appears.

Press it and the text magically appears in the text box.

I can't get this to work on my Android phone.  Nothing happens, after highlighting some text, when I tap or tap and hold on the highlighted text.