Marina Charges

JetBoy

Featured Posts

I am hoping to buy a narrowboat privately from someone who is moored permanently in a marina.  To get a full survey carried out I understand that the cost of taking the boat out

of the water is down to me.  What charge might I expect to have to pay the marina?  They have a slipway they pull boats out with rather than a crane.

Best

David

Edited by JetBoy
error writing

5 minutes ago, JetBoy said:

I am hoping to buy a narrowboat privately from someone who is moored permanently in a marina.  To get a full survey carried out I understand that the cost of taking the boat out

of the water is down to me.  What charge might I expect to have to pay the marina?  They have a slipway they pull boats out with rather than a crane.

Best

David

Its usualy so much to drag it out and put it back and so much a day. As mross has stated I have found over the years friendly banter and proper money wins hands down over " Proffesionalism " and a piece of plastic ;)

Edited by mrsmelly

I suspect, as has been said, most will have a fixed scale of charges, and at few will it be possible to pay a back-hander and get it cheap, despite what has been suggested.

The costs seem fairly regional, and you may well pay more in the South than in the North.

I've not had a boat slipped on a trolley for a while, but seem to recll lower Grand Union prices would be at least £200, possibly more.

For an exact and recent example Richard a top bloke at the slip just above cropredy charges 130 to pull it out and 35 a day whilst on the slip whatever you do and whoever does it. I had mine out twice last year there.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

For an exact and recent example Richard a top bloke at the slip just above cropredy charges 130 to pull it out and 35 a day whilst on the slip whatever you do and whoever does it. I had mine out twice last year there.

The only catch is he charges three grand to put it back in...

• Greenie 2

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Yeah and I aint payin so he has still got ma bote :o

It's a bit like airport fees. They don't charge for take-offs so any aircraft can take off as many times as it likes, they only charge for landings.