New Content filters aren't saved?

Go to solution Solved by mross,

Featured Posts

The new software is looking great. But I need some help please. When I click the new content icon, the page loads and there's the option to apply filters. So I scrolled through the settings box of each filter, laboriously clicked on all the topics I want to see new content from and clicked the apply changes button. All well and good.

But the next time I click the New Content icon, all my preferences have disappeared. It's once again showing All Content not my selected preferences. And if I go back into the filters all my previously selected filters have gone. Seems totally pointless to have such detailed and complex filter options that don't get remembered just a few seconds later. Was there something else other than Apply Changes that I was supposed to have clicked for it to have remembered my preferences? I'm accessing the mobile site via on Android phone, in case that's relevant. 

• Solution

You must create a custom stream.

On the home page go to 'MyActivity Streams'

Select 'Create New Stream'

Where it says 'Stream Title write VNC or whatever you prefer - I added my initials so that I know this 'stream' is something I created and can edit

Under 'Show me' select 'Content items, Comments and Reviews'

Under 'Read Status' select 'Content I haven't read'

Under 'Following' select 'Everything'

Under 'Content Types' select 'Topics'

Under 'Ownership'select 'Everything'

Under 'Time Period' select 'Any time'

Then click on 'Save Changes'

Go back to 'My Activity Streams' and select the stream you have just created

To the right of your new streams title are three, greyed out icons.  Click on the 'tick' to make this stream your default.

• Greenie 2

Really clear instructions, thank you. But I'm afraid I've fallen at the first hurdle. I can't see anything called My Activity Streams on the homepage. It crossed my mind that might be because I'm accessing the mobile site rather than the desktop version, so I looked for a button to take me to the desktop version and couldn't see that either. 

Where exactly is My Activity Streams?