Desktop version...

Sammas09

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, mross said:

does it change if you hold your tablet in landscape (horizontally)?  Can you change the screen resolution?  Can you  use a smaller default font (text size)

Not on my Samsung tablet.

The text remains the same size, whatever the orientation. 

5 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Request Desktop off gives...

Screenshot_2017-02-26-08-33-17.thumb.png.8f4815820f9cd715fcb57bea8d6a1a2a.png

And Request Desktop On gives...

Screenshot_2017-02-26-08-33-28.thumb.png.c457b5e1d88b1f998484e964497978f8.png

So as can be seen the look and feel changes.

That's interesting, we didn't test tablets as much as we should have, including not testing an android unit, just a large android phone. I was under the impression it was simply pixel width but clearly not just that.

Daniel

5 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

I get the first screen with the three bar square on my PC running in either IE or Firefox, with a 22" screen. So why is my PC is being identified as a mobile. I can get the mising menus in a drop down by clicking on the three bar square

Now that is odd. I should not do that, obviously. I would 1200x750 is low for a 22" flat screen. 

Let me know how you go on with the previous suggestions.

Daniel

45 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Not on my Samsung tablet.

The text remains the same size, whatever the orientation. 

It will depend on the screen size, and if the difference between horizontal and vertical pixel width puts you into a different layout bracket.

Daniel

On 26/02/2017 at 12:23, David Schweizer said:

Quote" Resolution might be adjustable from the menu of the flatscreen."

As far as i can see, it can be re-set easily by moving the slider in "display properies - settings", but, before changing it, what I wanted to know is whether a resolution of 1200 x 750 pixels is too low, and whether increasing it will mess up the display on other sites.

David, all that should happen if you increase the screen resolution is that everything becomes smaller. This may come as a bit of a shock at first so you might need to persevere with it for a while to be sure that you're happy with it. 

Also, when you change the resolution a box will come up saying something like "You've changed the resolution, are you happy? Yes/No". If you don't click Yes within a few seconds it will revert back. 

Lastly, yes, 1024 width is low-res by today's standards. 

On 27/02/2017 at 15:01, matty40s said:

only just started using this today, how do you get  condensed to stay condensed.

every time I go off to another site, I log back in and it is showing expanded again??

On 27/02/2017 at 15:27, mross said:

look at the URL in your bowser.  do you see http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/85/&view=condensed

If you save your URL as a book mark it will always open condensed.  Try toggling between condensed and expanded and look at the URL>

I sticks fine for me, but it maybe an artifact of creating a bookmark when in non condensed view as suggested above.

Daniel