Something To Cause A Bit Of Debate?

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, dogless said:

I hate marinas, and wouldn't moor in one if it was free either.

Visitor moorings could be excluded. Areas for mooring could be identified (mooring zones) that are away from homes etc as C&RT selected (like winter moorings).

But the point is, solutions can be found and worked out. Extra income can be raised at minimal cost (like winter moorings) and kids get to school. Everybody wins. Those who don't want to pay/participate can have the full force of enforcement on them, with no sympathy from anyone. Similarly those that won't sign up and cruise in non term time.

I know this isn't 'the' solution, but problems like this will only be resolved by compromise, cooperation, and a will to do so.

Rog

I still think you're missing the point. Several 'solutions' already exist and NBTA reject them all e.g. take a home mooring near a school, live in a house of flat, home educate your kids, or move around compliantly and drive the kids to school.

They have set a series of arbitrary conditions i.e. 'we want to live on a boat' and 'we don't want to home-educate our kids' and 'we don't want to have to travel far to get the kids to school' and 'we don't want to take a home mooring near a school'. No compromises on the table.

4 hours ago, dogless said:

I suspect they will.

Cruise a restricted area during term, then cruise a wider area when schools out. C&RT get additional funds for an issue that exists free of charge at present.

The will to find solutions is what's missing.

Rog

CRT has already offered this solution,  albeit on an unofficial basis .

8 hours ago, dogless said:

I suspect they will.

Cruise a restricted area during term, then cruise a wider area when schools out. C&RT get additional funds for an issue that exists free of charge at present.

The will to find solutions is what's missing.

Rog

How long until somebody was jumping up and down screaming "you can't do that its against the law"?

8 hours ago, Jerra said:

How long until somebody was jumping up and down screaming "you can't do that its against the law"?

Exactly.

NBTA aren't looking for solutions.

They are trying to prove that every possible solution isn't legal, in order to achieve their objective of making it into a free for all