Member map and BSP

Go to solution Solved by DHutch,

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

Have just looked at the Member Map tab. I'm never sure what the point is of these things, but I see BlueStringPudding is in Greenland...

:unsure:

She is, I sent her there cause she forgot to cook my tea, a week in the ice mines is the normal punishment for this sort of thing

• Greenie 2

• Solution

It is useful if you want to find members who are local to you, if they wish to found, should you wish to meet or or discuss things the area regionally specific. It can also be used if you are looking for moorings, or if you are thinking of moving to the area.

Members opt-in and can set there location to be as specific or vague as they like, with a certain town or larger area, or down to the street or marina.

Daniel

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Mr bizzard is apparently in Rangoun. Not sure how he's gonna get back as he has recently stopped flying. Maybe he could swim. 

I'm sure he will think of something to ensure a swift return to Blighty. :D

Edited by cuthound
To unmangle the effects of autocorrect.

21 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

Have just looked at the Member Map tab. I'm never sure what the point is of these things, but I see BlueStringPudding is in Greenland...

:unsure:

It was quite intentional and not an error of the new software. As far as the members' map is concerned, I've been moored in Greenland for quite some time. Next time a gongoozler asks about my boat: "Isn't it cold in winter?" I can honestly say: "Yes" 

4 hours ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Come to Greenland. Plenty of room. A few bears, admittedly. But plenty of room. 

I would certainly come for the snow.  I miss the cold,.......and the frosts....and drizzle

5 hours ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Come to Greenland. Plenty of room. A few bears, admittedly. But plenty of room. 

Something over 2000 just in the Davis Strait area, apparently: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jwmg.489/abstract

And I read a piece in the paper the other day that over in Alaska they're having problems with the bears coming into town to scavenge as the sea ice is no longer there in the summer to enable them to hunt seals. If you think urban foxes are bad, try urban polar bears :o.

No wonder there aren't any monkeys... ;)

Desperate!!!  :(  Exchange Rangoon with Greenland urgently required. Burma stinks.  Rangoon is an evil place, teaming with all manner of horrid vicious insects and wild beasties, the stinking, stagnant pools, drinking from which I got a dose of dysentery and the heat here in the steaming hot cauldron of a jungle is unbearable. Why only a week ago during my siesta under a big tree a bloomin great hairy coconut fell from it and struck me on the napper and I'm still dizzy from the blow. I now have to wear a crash helmet at all times. I've been in hiding under a big rock for several days now, I have keep a sharp look out for an enormous over sexed baboon that stalks and pursues me relentlessly whenever it sets eyes on me, it frightens me everso.  At such times I have to defend myself with a fig leaf and my homemade pea shooter.but the beast is very nimble and deftly catches the peas and eats them. Stopping to eat them does stall the chase though, long enough for me to slink back under my rock where I can fend it off with a big stick. I wish it would find a mate and leave me in peace and in one piece.  Greenland would be fine. I don't mind the cold, I have a bobble hat, nor Polar bears and Eskimos. I would build an igloo which would be easy to defe,   HELP!!!! Its got me. 

17 hours ago, BlueStringPudding said:

It was quite intentional and not an error of the new software. As far as the members' map is concerned, I've been moored in Greenland for quite some time. Next time a gongoozler asks about my boat: "Isn't it cold in winter?" I can honestly say: "Yes" 

I get this too, and I've recently given up contradicting them. These days I just agree with them and say "Yes it's bloody freezing. And horribly damp too. I wish I could live in a house like you.

They generally look at me suspiciously, sensing I'm taking the p!sh. But they also sense that they started it... :D 

• Greenie 1