Rob-M

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Hey, you can give greenies then take them away again.  I gave the last post a greenie, then Rusty went up to 33.  Pressed the 'reddie', and he went down again (sorry, Rusty, nothing personal).

Whaaat, I haven't got that many, stop it.

Right i'm off to work my way down the leaderboard removing them.

8 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Hey, you can give greenies then take them away again.  I gave the last post a greenie, then Rusty went up to 33.  Pressed the 'reddie', and he went down again (sorry, Rusty, nothing personal).

This is, in my view, a retrograde step: from memory, we used to have this feature years ago (with green and red buttons) but the red one was abolished, so one could award only plus points, not minus points. Are you in favour of this new system?

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

This is, in my view, a retrograde step: from memory, we used to have this feature years ago (with green and red buttons) but the red one was abolished, so one could award only plus points, not minus points. Are you in favour of this new system?

Relax, you can only take away one you've already given - no-one ends up in the red!

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Rob-M said:

It would be useful if they were reinstated on posts so you can see if a post has been awarded a greenie.

Does that not temp others to automatically think I ought to give it a greenie as well?    This way there is no chance you are influenced by either the lack of greenies or the number already given.

8 hours ago, Jerra said:

Does that not temp others to automatically think I ought to give it a greenie as well?    This way there is no chance you are influenced by either the lack of greenies or the number already given.

Possibly, but if someone has made a good post with sound technical judgement then it helps others to see who may not understand. Often on here people spout a load of carp as though they are the expert in a particular field when they aren't.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Possibly, but if someone has made a good post with sound technical judgement then it helps others to see who may not understand. Often on here people spout a load of carp as though they are the expert in a particular field when they aren't.

Surely the total reputation gives enough idea of whether the poster regularly posts sense or not.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Just like real life then?

26 minutes ago, RichM said:

It should now show the number of greenies awarded per post. Not sure why it disappeared.

RichM

It shows a heart not a Greenie.

there must be a lump of snot avatar somewhere on the Internet☺

Edited by matty40s