Rob-M

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Now we have 'reputation' points back taking up one line, can we get rid of the sodding great avatars taking up about six lines next to every post please? Pretty PLEASE???????????????

Well you could at least do the decent thing and go back to an avatar which doesn't make my eyes go funny :wacko:

Now we have 'reputation' points back taking up one line, can we get rid of the sodding great avatars taking up about six lines next to every post please? Pretty PLEASE???????????????

Well you could at least do the decent thing and go back to an avatar which doesn't make my eyes go funny :wacko:

What the hell happened there?  Well at least you know I mean what I say.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

27 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

What the hell happened there?  Well at least you know I mean what I say.

I assumed that your post was intentional*, implying that the Vertigo avatar (it was the design of a 1970s record label) had given you double or treble vision. Serendipity, one might call it.

*...and I am still unconvinced that it wasn't.

7 minutes ago, cuthound said:

One would have thought that MtB would see enough posts with numbers on them with all the driving up and down motorways that he does :rolleyes:

Hoorah! Greeno for that.

(My screen has stopped displaying the number of greenoes awarded for a post, which is mildly irksome.)

10 minutes ago, Athy said:

(My screen has stopped displaying the number of greenoes awarded for a post, which is mildly irksome.)

Yes I agree, and we have also lost the useful new feature of being able to hover over the number of greenies awarded and see who awarded them . 

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Yes I agree, and we have also lost the useful new feature of being able to hover over the number of greenies awarded and see who awarded them . 

I never knew that that could be done, though as I'm unskilled in levitation I might not have managed it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

I never knew that that could be done, though as I'm unskilled in levitation I might not have managed it anyway.

Assuming that this feature will be restored and that you are using a PC to view the forum, just move the mouse pointer over the number of greenies awarded and it shows who awarded them. 

If you use a tablet, then touching the screen over the number of greenies awarded forva second or so will show who awarded them. 

Not sure how to do it if you access the forum via a phone.

27 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Assuming that this feature will be restored and that you are using a PC to view the forum, just move the mouse pointer over the number of greenies awarded and it shows who awarded them. 

If you use a tablet, then touching the screen over the number of greenies awarded forva second or so will show who awarded them. 

Not sure how to do it if you access the forum via a phone.

I hovered over you and gave you a greeny. 

10 hours ago, RLWP said:

Leaderboard? Seriously???

Richard

No, not seriously. It's just intended to be a bit of fun. :) It also provides a form of recognition to contributors and while not perfect, reputation is one way to measure it.

It also has another useful feature in that it shows "popular" content or rather, content that has received a lot of greenies. 

Link:
http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/leaderboard/

18 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Now we have 'reputation' points back taking up one line, can we get rid of the avatars ....

Along with returning the reputation points, we have removed 'ranks' so the 'new member/member/long standing member' and corresponding sets of dots have gone, there only reflected post count which is still shown, and saves more space than the reputation points take up. We have always had avatars and do not plan to remove them as part of the move to the newer software version.

49 minutes ago, RichM said:

No, not seriously. It's just intended to be a bit of fun.

It also provides a form of recognition to contributors and while not perfect, reputation is one way to measure it.

Indeed. Perfect it is not, and we may find ways to improve, but the plan is as said to help reward those who put into the forum for others gain as well as their own.

Daniel

Could we have the number of greenies awarded to each post back visible please? Now there is just a green up arrow which, on clicking, changes to a red down arrow. No totals, which makes it all a bit pointless. Even Facebook has visible "likes" <eeek>.

• Greenie 2

On 08/03/2017 at 23:54, DHutch said:

I agree.

Daniel

Then why not adopt Pete's 'posts to greenie' percentage or ratio idea for the "leaderboard" to put a different slant on it rather than it just being about volume?  I say this without having seen said board - it just seemed Pete's take on it was more interesting. :)

I see the number of greenies has appeared.

Unfortunately the Site Owner seems to be the only member with no greenies awarded.

Please can we start a campaign to collect greenies on Dan's behalf.  

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Then why not adopt Pete's 'posts to greenie' percentage or ratio idea for the "leaderboard" to put a different slant on it rather than it just being about volume?  I say this without having seen said board - it just seemed Pete's take on it was more interesting. :)

that would put me at 11.5% and one gold cup (gone missing).  :P

1 minute ago, Murflynn said:

I see the number of greenies has appeared.

Unfortunately the Site Owner seems to be the only member with no greenies awarded.

Please can we start a campaign to collect greenies on Dan's behalf.  

Admin peeps cannot be given greenies, which is why Dan has none.

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

An interesting idea.  Percentage wise the top person on the "Top Members" out of the first 15 would have 40% and are currently in 13th place the second would have 38% and is in 11th place.

this is going to turn out like the Olympic medals table - we just need to include the number of gold, silver and bronze daily cup  awards.   

new concept for a forum - competitive peer approval ratings.  no need for mods any more, just dump the non-performers.  B)

8 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

this is going to turn out like the Olympic medals table - we just need to include the number of gold, silver and bronze daily cup  awards.   

new concept for a forum - competitive peer approval ratings.  no need for mods any more, just dump the non-performers.  B)

I got the impression that there was only 1 cup of each colour per day.