Boatman stove renovation

Wanderer Vagabond

Featured Posts

I have a feeling that this has been discussed before but I am having trouble finding the whereabouts of the thread. Do any members know of anyone who renovates Epping boatman style stoves? I seem to recall reading on a thread somewhere that there is a guy in Nantwich who does it but can't find the thread and cannot find anything on Google to help. Basically the grate at the bottom has started to develop holes and the firebricks have probably seen better days. Since there is the CO risk if not done properly I'm not that keen to try to do the job myself and from my understanding the likelihood is that the 4 screws holding the top on will probably shear when I try to remove them.

Looking on the internet the only place I've seen so far is a place in Saltford, near Bath, but at the moment (and probably for this season) I'm in the Midlands and North. Any suggestions? (or even is it worth the effort?)

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

5 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I have a feeling that this has been discussed before but I am having trouble finding the whereabouts of the thread. Do any members know of anyone who renovates Epping boatman style stoves? I seem to recall reading on a thread somewhere that there is a guy in Nantwich who does it but can't find the thread and cannot find anything on Google to help. Basically the grate at the bottom has started to develop holes and the firebricks have probably seen better days. Since there is the CO risk if not done properly I'm not that keen to try to do the job myself and from my understanding the likelihood is that the 4 screws holding the top on will probably shear when I try to remove them.

Looking on the internet the only place I've seen so far is a place in Saltford, near Bath, but at the moment (and probably for this season) I'm in the Midlands and North. Any suggestions? (or even is it worth the effort?)

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the fire chap in Nantwich but he is based in the marina and his other half runs a small shop on site there.

If I do remember I will come back and update the thread :)

Right just remembered,  spruced up stoves

Edited by tree monkey
Synapses finally remembered

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the fire chap in Nantwich but he is based in the marina and his other half runs a small shop on site there.

If I do remember I will come back and update the thread :)

Right just remembered,  spruced up stoves

Thanks for that one, I've looked on 'tinternet and, providing that he is still doing the work, the location would be perfect. I'll try ringing the phone number and see how it goes.