Scroll-a-rama

junior

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

The trouble is, the skill set needed to write good tight coding has almost no overlap with the skill set needed to understand humans and very few folk have both. This is why software authors can't write decent user manuals.

Software bloat such as we see with the new version of the forum software is another consequence, just look at the way Word, for example, is more complex with every new version. I well understand the reasons for the upgrade from the old version and it's not Dan or Rich's fault that we have what we have now.

I think I can claim to be a pretty sophisticated IT user but I'm certainly not finding this version very intuitive and I do worry it will put off newcomers.

Or maybe I've just turned into a boring old fart...

:ninja:

You probably have - but so have the rest of us. New edition bloat happens in many industries - today's Ford Fiesta for example is weighed down with features that the salesman can make sound exciting but the owner will rarely bother with. 

(Pauses for irritating double spacing) I often thought there was money to be made providing  stripped  out versions of Word etc for those who just wanted one or two basic functions. 

This forum though is just a triumph of geekery I'm afraid.