New software

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Ah, the bottom one isn't exactly a button, but just text in the reply box which disappears when you start.  Do your unwanted quotes appear in the box when you are typing, or only after you press the 'Submit Reply' button?  I'm also using Windows 7 on a laptop, BTW.  Very odd.

immediately I put the cursor there to start typing.  I can delete my own text if it appears, but sometimes it includes a quoted piece of text which I can't delete.

1 hour ago, mross said:

I have seen it where it resurrects a reply you never finished.  Just delete it and add one word like 'test'or 'deleted' and click on 'Submit Reply' and then you should not see that stuff again.

that makes sense, I'll try it next time I make a fresh post as opposed to responding to a quote like this. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2017 at 08:44, Murflynn said:

that makes sense, I'll try it next time I make a fresh post as opposed to responding to a quote like this. :cheers:

I've just been looking at the editor features and one of the new features is Autosave which automatically saves your edits so you can leave and come back later to complete a post. This will be why you are seeing unlisted edits when you come back to post in a thread.

21 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I've just been looking at the editor features and one of the new features is Autosave which automatically saves your edits so you can leave and come back later to complete a post. This will be why you are seeing unlisted edits when you come back to post in a thread.

Autosave was also a feature of the old software, but didn't always work.  It seems that the new version works too well!

Just clicked on the more topics link at the bottom of the page and it just hung. No additional posts or message saying there are no more posts to show. I was viewing via new posts rather than a specific group.

Edited to add - the problem now seems to have cleared and all is well.

Edited by Traveller