New software

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Do you get the same 'topic' listed more than once if there are multiple new posts? Otherwise, I'm getting the same

Richard

Not sure, I'll have to go away for a while so that there is more than one post in a thread! But so far, I don't think I am getting repeats of topics. I've used this forum software for a while on the Briskoda (Skoda) forum and to start with I had the problem of each post in each topic being listed, but I did something to fix that! If only I could remember what!

Trying to set up the notifications, but it says the option to receive an email or a notification when a new message is received, is unavailable. Is that the same as PMs? If so they wont be much use if one doesn't know one has got a new message!

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

new-software.jpg

Try changing it to be the same as mine, the LH "Show me" set to just to "items only"

1 minute ago, Ray T said:

Has the total of green thihgs awarded been deleted from  the personal profile ?

It was there when the new format appeared but has now gone.

Yes, it had been removed to save space at the side of every post.

Daniel

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

Well done chaps -- and no project time overrun!

Yes, I would like to thank RichM very much for the very swift transition to the new software.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

One good thing this version supports is that it remembers half-completed posts. So if you go off to look at another thread etc, when you come back it offers the draft you'd already typed.

Its good that isnt it!

Daniel

Am sort of coping with the new format but have one query. I use Firefox and everytime I logged on it came up with a message in the top left of the screen saying "Allow notifications from this site/Block notifications from this site/Not now". To begin with i just clicked " not now" but everytime I changed pages or read through a thread the same message kept coming up. Eventually I lost patience and clicked,"Block notifications from this site" and am no longer bothered by the pop-up. Will I now miss anything of any importance?:unsure:

19 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Am sort of coping with the new format but have one query. I use Firefox and everytime I logged on it came up with a message in the top left of the screen saying "Allow notifications from this site/Block notifications from this site/Not now". To begin with i just clicked " not now" but everytime I changed pages or read through a thread the same message kept coming up. Eventually I lost patience and clicked,"Block notifications from this site" and am no longer bothered by the pop-up. Will I now miss anything of any importance?:unsure:

No, but you can get it back again.  It is actually a browser setting.  Go to browser settings and search for notifications.  It is set for each website.

23 minutes ago, mross said:

No, but you can get it back again.  It is actually a browser setting.  Go to browser settings and search for notifications.  It is set for each website.

So long as I'm not missing anything important I'm happy to leave it 'blocked'. Your message came up on the notifications 'bell' at the top of the screen, that's good enough for me.

Bloody hell, what an unbelievable mess this new site is.

Looks like I'm gonna have to spend precious time learning the new format. I do wish the children who force this shite upon us would grow up ans stop pishing about with a perfectly good working format.

• Greenie 4

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Looks like I'm gonna have to spend precious time learning the new format. I do wish the children who force this shite upon us would grow up ans stop pishing about with a perfectly good working format.

I have to say that "my activity streams" sounds like something I'd encounter at primary school. But you'll get used to it. Eventually. 

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Agree

Same here.

:(

34 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yep

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You took the words out of my mouth Mike, except that i would not have been as polite. The whole thing is a mess which is impossible to navigate, with differernt pages displaying on different operating systems and devices, relying on individual members to configure the site to work on theor machine, except that half the buttons required do not appear on all devices.

As the new site appears to be insufficiently intelligent enough to identify different end users, perhaps the site staff should publish an on line manual to help people steer through the mess in order to configure the site to work on their equipment.

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

You took the words out of my mouth Mike, except that i would not have been as polite. The whole thing is a mess which is impossible to navigate, with differernt pages displaying on different operating systems and devices, relying on individual members to configure the site to work on theor machine, except that half the buttons required do not appear on all devices.

As the new site appears to be insufficiently intelligent enough to identify different end users, perhaps the site staff should publish an on line manual to help people steer through the mess in order to configure the site to work on their equipment.

agree.

The most useful screen used to be View New Content - a tabulated list with about 40 topics per page that had been updated recently, clearly marking those I had been involved in.

Now I have to scroll down to look at lots of titles in some new fangled layout that looks like a list of bullet points in a company training day presentation, most of which are of no interest to me whatsoever.

IT IS NOT CONVENIENT OR USER FRIENDLY.  it is a garbled mess.

and to add insult to injury, every time I press the enter key it drops down 2 lines.

overall there is too little information displayed on the screen at one time - and that's on a full size PC screen.  I hate to think what it looks like on an i-phone; peeps must be scrolling forever to try to glean a bit of new information.

this new software could just sound the death-knell of CWDF.

• Greenie 3