Keadby Lock times - reminder

Midnight

Featured Posts

I've gone out of Keadby several times in the past but I am trying to remember the approximate times for penning out to go to Cromwell in relation to high tide at Hull. i.e If HT at Hull is 8.30am what time approximately are we likely to be let out. Please can someone remind me.

8 hours ago, Joe Bourke said:

You usually leave Keadby for Torksey/Cromwell just after low water. So approximately 2 hours before HW Hull, don't forget it varies slightly with Neaps or Springs. You could just Google Keadby tide times.

Thanks Joe.
I have the tide times at Hull  just couldn't remember what time I would need to be at Keadby ready to pen down.
http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/year/2671.html

Ring the lockie in advance and he will give you a suitable locking time based on your boat type and speed.

As someone has already said he will lock you out shortly after low water to make the most of the incoming tide.

Faster boats like ours are let out much later. We tend to come out just before high water and sit on top of the tide.