Chainsaws at the ready....Doris coming

matty40s

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Keeping Up said:

No need to scroll to the bottom. Just click on "Unread Content" near the top right

That didn't exist when I made the above post. Neither did the login button - there was nothing top right. 

16 hours ago, Rickent said:

How do i search new content on this new looking forum ?

No idea either - the search bar near the top returns hardly any results.  I ended up doing the google search thingy (type into google what you are looking for followed by site:canalworld.net/forums and then click on tools to limit the search to the last 24 hours or whatever you want).  That's how I found this post

Edited by JJPHG
Missed a bit off the end

5 minutes ago, JJPHG said:

No idea either - the search bar near the top returns hardly any results.  I ended up doing the google search thingy (type into google what you are looking for followed by site:canalworld.net/forums and then click on tools to limit the search to the last 24 hours or whatever you want).  That's how I found this post

Rich has posted a couple of times that with the database being so huge it'll probably take until mid weekend before the indexing is complete. It was at twenty something percent this morning I believe. 

Until that's complete the search facility will be limited. 

Tony 

7 minutes ago, JJPHG said:

Until the indexing is complete the search function will not work properly - just give it a few days.  If you know what you are looking for you might be able to find it by browsing the forums.

41 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Rich has posted a couple of times that with the database being so huge it'll probably take until mid weekend before the indexing is complete. It was at twenty something percent this morning I believe. 

Until that's complete the search facility will be limited. 

Tony 

Duly noted

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Surprised by the number of closure notices for fallen trees, just received one stating over 40 trees down in West Midlands waterways.

I saw that one as well. CRT said they were too numerous to mention. I thought that was sheer laziness on their part as this is important information for people wanting to move over the weekend.

Surely they could have put a simple list into the one email. Probably would not even have had to type it out as they must already have a list for internal use which they could have exported, or copied and pasted, into the email.