stratford upon avon in may

Featured Posts

You do not book and there are no charges. My guess is that if you are outside of the Spring Bank Holiday week you should be fine. One option is to moor overnight on the approach to Chealybeate bridge and head into Stratford the next morning where you will arrive late morning after folk have moved off and before they fill up again. When I moored overnight at Chealybeate bridge I caught the train into Stratford from Stratford Parkway station.

JP

• Happy 1

If you want to stay longer than 48 hours,you could use the towpath bollards between bridges 68 and 69 (rather than pass through Bridge 69 into Bancroft Basin) .The Red Lion pub garden backs onto the towpath here and I had a very pleasant 14 days there last May.

• 4 months later...
On 19/02/2017 at 20:23, Quaffer said:

If you want to stay longer than 48 hours,you could use the towpath bollards between bridges 68 and 69 (rather than pass through Bridge 69 into Bancroft Basin) .The Red Lion pub garden backs onto the towpath here and I had a very pleasant 14 days there last May.

This information is excellent, thank you. We're currently moored on those bollardsand couldn't work out whether long or short term