Views on this unique boat

Jon57

Featured Posts

That link takes me straight to a youtube video. I would much rather see a written ad with photos which I can read at my own speed to see if I am interested, rather than having to listen to that ponderous delivery. And by the end I have at last found out the age and builder of the shell, but no information about the engine, a passing reference to hydraulic drive, and no indication of the price.

Underwhelmed!

That link takes me straight to a youtube video. I would much rather see a written ad with photos which I can read at my own speed to see if I am interested, rather than having to listen to that ponderous delivery. And by the end I have at last found out the age and builder of the shell, but no information about the engine, a passing reference to hydraulic drive, and no indication of the price.

Underwhelmed!

I gave up

Underwhelmed!

Yeahbut................................

THE most important question...........................

Pump our or cassette?

Oak I remember. Built by Orion in the 90s, I lettered it when new. At £130, somewhat overpriced in my opinion. Couldn't be arsed with the video!

They say built 2000, but still a staggering price for a 17 year old (or more?) boat.

There's nowt like optimism!

Edited by alan_fincher

Orion built really lovely boats. The video seems to ignore the top quality shell in favour of all that bollux about the interior fitting out.

Mind you I stopped the video 2/3 of the way through. Too irritating.

What engine did it have? Orion also did some rather weird offset hydraulic drive installations.

Most here have already said what I thought too. Dark, dingy, too fussy and overly Ornate. But you havee to hand it to the "Duck" for the optomistic price. Say what !!!!

I suppose they are expecting a newbie with no reference to go, "Ooh I love it, I'll have that" like you would find in an antique store.

Come to think of it, that IS where it belongs. Urgh !! not for me.

Orion built really lovely boats. The video seems to ignore the top quality shell in favour of all that bollux about the interior fitting out.

Mind you I stopped the video 2/3 of the way through. Too irritating.

What engine did it have? Orion also did some rather weird offset hydraulic drive installations.

A Gardner 2LW, but with some sort of modification at the near end of the view, not sure what it is: maybe just a cover for the fuel filters?

Once you get past such frippery as the gold taps, and the crockery that's just waiting to jump off that shelf on impact, it's a very high-spec boat which has much to commend it, not including its asking price. I wouldn't mind that France-Belge stove, which appears to be an antique model.

The shell looks a bit "square" to these eyes, not much tumblehome, possible bridge-clouting?

Edited by Athy