Belts Noisy

Old Son

Featured Posts

Here is a maintenance guide from Gates https://www.gates.com/~/media/files/gates/industrial/power-transmission/manuals/preventive-maintenance-safety-for-belt-drives-old.pdf

It mentions belt dressing only once, when is says 'don't use it'

Belt dressing is a temporary bodge and won't align or tension the belt; it won't repair worn belts or pulleys. It will remove money from boat owners quite successfully.

My Beta 43 uses:

Starter Battery alternator REMF6415

Domestic Battery alternator 6PK1200.

As these different from Sea Dog's, they are either alternatives or different types Beta 43's use different belts.

I have found an old email from Beta quoting a REMF6415. Can the actual length be gained from the reference number?

My Beta 43 uses:

Starter Battery alternator REMF6415

Domestic Battery alternator 6PK1200.

As these different from Sea Dog's, they are either alternatives or different types Beta 43's use different belts.

Beta change those specs fairly often, that's why they always ask you for the workshop number off the beast when you order spares.

6PK 1200 means a 6 rib belt with K section ribs and a pitch length of 1200 mm. K section is the automotive de facto standard. The included angle of the V is 40 degrees and the pitch of the V is 0.14 in depth 0.20 in.

REMF 615 means nothing to me. I would expect something like SPZ xxxx. It is possible that the 415 is the pitch length in Eighths of an inch in the US style but I doubt it .

Google suggests an REMF 6415 might be an A section belt with a pitch length of 1065 mm. If so the belt will be 13.3 mm wide. You would ask bearing noys or similar for an SPA 1065 in that case.

N