need headroom in Shower room

Gal

Featured Posts

Im looking at redesigning the shower room on my 60' narrowboat. Iam thinking of cutting the floor an sinking the shower tray so that it sits directly on the joists so I have a a bit more head height. Has anyone done this or have any other solutions ?

Yes, I have. I have a high floor about a foot above the baseplate, and thick ceilings with 1" wood (the old cabin) and 25mm extra insulation and cladding so I needed the headroom.

I cut the 22mm ply floor in the same shape as the shower tray, removed the ballast and lowered the cutout onto treated wooden blocks and the keelson girder.

The top of the tray is just under floor level, with the gap sealed up with an aluminium section I made to match the shower screen which sits on top.

There's a slight step in and down to get in, but you can get right under the shower head.

A big hole in the roof of your boat is very important if you happen to own a pet Giraffe, they make very good look outs. A sun roof on your car too for when taking your pet giraffe out for a drive or conveying it to the vets. Giraffes have smelly feet which is why they have a long neck.

How deep is the average canal?

Why not cut a hole right through the bottom of the boat so you can stand on the bed of the canal, and use the canal water to rinse off after you've shampooed and scrubbed?

How tall is the average boater? This is not a problem I've ever had, but then I'm on the 50th percentile for adult males.

Edited by Machpoint005

How deep is the average canal?

Why not cut a hole right through the bottom of the boat so you can stand on the bed of the canal, and use the canal water to rinse off after you've shampooed and scrubbed?

A 3 ft length of 2.5ft dia steel pipe welded to the hole like those divers have would work nicely without sinking the boat. Additionally, when extra propulsion is required somebody could stand in it and "walk" the boat forward.

A 3 ft length of 2.5ft dia steel pipe welded to the hole like those divers have would work nicely without sinking the boat. Additionally, when extra propulsion is required somebody could stand in it and "walk" the boat forward.

flintstone style. wacko.png

......................... I'm on the 50th percentile for adult males.

that sounds slightly rude.

are you bragging?

45 gallon drum with the bottom cut out and some silicon sealant

• Greenie 1