Working on the diesel tank - a triumph for the theory

Featured Posts

It can sometimes be difficult to source a reel of anti-clockwise PTFE tape (or gaffer tape, or insulating tape, or the sticky tape in your first aid kit).

As an alternative, just take a reel of clockwise tape and turn it upside down. This works pretty well.

On the face of it, your suggestion has much merit. Certainly that works well enough for a right-handed person dealing with a left-hand thread. In practice however, it presents similar problems to those experienced when attempting to use right-handed scissors for those who are left-handed.

It can sometimes be difficult to source a reel of anti-clockwise PTFE tape (or gaffer tape, or insulating tape, or the sticky tape in your first aid kit).

As an alternative, just take a reel of clockwise tape and turn it upside down. This works pretty well.

Better to take the reel out of its casing, turn it over, and put it back again the other way around.

I'm surprised anyone's left!

Apparently, about 1 in 7 of the population is.

This scientific discussion reminds me (slightly off topic) of a science master at my school who

sometimes made a pupil suffering one of his detentions take a roll of magnesium and with a one sided

safety razor he supplied, scrap the oxidation off both sides of the magnesium and then rewind it in

reverse. Ahh yes those halcyon days of my youth!

And there's the Yo-Yo type that comes back up to you, unlike the ordinary stuff that unwinds and twists all over she shop if you fumble and drop it, never to be straightened out properly and rewound to be used again.

Edited by bizzard

This scientific discussion reminds me (slightly off topic) of a science master at my school who

sometimes made a pupil suffering one of his detentions take a roll of magnesium and with a one sided

safety razor he supplied, scrap the oxidation off both sides of the magnesium and then rewind it in

reverse. Ahh yes those halcyon days of my youth!

Did that stuff have any uses, apart from science lessons?