Can I have some advice about Manchester

frahkn

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, jennywren said:

I've just come through Manchester and agree the Ashton flight was pretty okay (though I was glad I had help and wasn't single handing). 

Was it a CRT volunteer who helped you?

I (as advised on this forum) phoned Mez Hellard on 0161 220 2960 and she contacted a volunteer who got back to me to sort out the details. He wasn't a CRT volunteer but I got the impression that he was ex-CRT.

Well I don't know whether the Rochdale 9 and their environs have deteriorated in the past couple of years, but when I came down them singlehanded in 2015 I didn't notice any of these problems, or at least they weren't all that difficult to surmount, although not particularly pleasant.  Perhaps I was just lucky.  The stretch of 16 locks down to New Islington Marina was quite another matter, though, and I would have been very hard pushed without a volunteer to help me there.

There were proposals to gate off the Manchester Undercroft, at least at certain hours. Has this happened?

Edited by Mac of Cygnet