Crown point and Nostrop on the A&C now open in Feb/April

larryjc

Featured Posts

CRT very kindly rang me two days ago to let me know about this, don't think its been on here yet:

Further to previous advice notices we are now in a position to update customers on the planned closures for the Leeds Flood Alleviation Scheme as follows:

We are pleased to advise that Canal & River Trust customer representatives have been working closely with Leeds City Council and their contractor to look at ways of minimising the disruption from the Leeds Flood Alleviation Scheme.

We can now advise that the previously planned closure of four weeks between 20 February and 16 April for Knostrop Fall Lock is no longer necessary.

Leeds City Council and their contractor have advised that a two week closure 'window' for the removal of the crane from Fearns Island at Crown Point and testing of the weirs at Leeds and Knostrop is required from the 17 July to the 30 July. This is a significant improvement on the original proposal which was 15 February to 19 June.

So all good to go up the L&L in April just as I was looking at alternatives.