Baby on board..

Jennyf87

Featured Posts

[/url]">http://child1.jpg

[/url]">http://child2.jpg

[/url]">http://http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/outriggerian/media/child/child3.jpg.html'>child3.jpg

There is no harm in starting young, you can be put in a chair on the roof or deck or your mum can hold you

but you must wear a life jacket, even if army supplies

Toilets are especially fascinating. Remote controls and/or mobile phones can be dropped down them to see if they flush away like poo does. Hard bread sticks can be dipped into them to soften them up for eating. Not a likely hazard nowadays (especially on a boat), but toast can be inserted into a video recorder as well as eaten. Many other possibilities for mayhem will be found, some previously unknown to science. Enjoy ;-)

Made me giggle. It reminded me of one of my daughters thirty odd years ago I was changing her nappy ( Isnt it fun telling your daughters that you changed their nappies lol ) and left it off to air her bum for a few minutes and she went and sat on the vhs recorder that was on the floor at the side of the telly and promptly wee'd on it all thro the cooling vents at the top rear ohmy.png I suppose she could have been bloomin electrocuted. They were expensive bits of kit in those days and it was knackered laugh.png .

• 2 months later...

Congratulation. We've just had done this ourselves. Hes 2 months old now. We are on a marina and its all good. We are going cruising soon. Its good your on a marina it will make things much easier. Not really anymore advise to give as health visitor and midwife will come to you just as they would in a house. 

You will certainly worry much more than you used to ;)

We had our boy on our Boat until he was 18 months, it was great and he had a brilliant start. He slept in a hammock above our bed to start with and then a cot next to us. 

Narrowboats are pretty easy to block off with gates if you need to. 

Health visitors are much more progressive and accomadating in my experience and loved coming to see us. 

In the end, and it broke my heart but we made the decision to move off the boat, Rudi was growing fast (still very much is) and we felt that we wouldn't have managed with a 2 year old who is wonderfully active! 

So we sold up and now live in a showmans trailer, still not falling for the trap of a house and again, health visitors have no issue. 

Most importantly, take time to enjoy this bit, it passes all to quickly (I can't believe I am now in the position to say this!)

all the very best 

Rob, Charlotte and Rudi(fart pants) 

On 28/04/2017 at 12:37, Wanted said:

So we sold up and now live in a showmans trailer,

Hold up there. have you no social conscience? Where does the poor showman live now you're occupying his trailer? In a paper bag in the road?

Or does he still live in it with you lot? All four of you in the trailer? Perhaps I have misjudged the situation...

:) to be more accurate, it was a Showwomans trailer, Mrs Bidell who had it built in 1969, She was the Grand daughter of the family that brought the first electric ghost train to the UK. I think I'm quite glad she's not still in it, I found a kosh in a secret Cupboard in the living room when we first moved in...