Finally got my Sabb running ;o)

Chop!

Featured Posts

I'm not sure it has the correct lift pump, if it is the right one, it's bodged. Also, one of the injector bleed screws was stripped and leaking. Fixed the bleed and fitting a 12v fuel pump until I can sort a working lift pump. ?

Well, fitted a 12v fuel pump and...No improvement! Eek! But the 12v pump just kept running even when the Sabb stopped.

Basically the return had no non-return valve and so it was just pumping diesel around in a circle and not pressurising the system. Mark from Nene Marine removed the return pipe and routed it back into the filter, finally, it would tick over and rev, happy days!

It's taking a while to bleed all the air from the coolant in the skin tanks, engine and calorifier. All the pipes got hot but the air in the system was taking yonks to come out.

But, it seems, the skin tanks are working, I just hope that they aren't leaking, a small amount of water has appeared in the cabin bilge, has it come from the skin tanks?

It's progress, but it ain't easy!

Wow, that sounds quite an epic job. We had problems with our lift pump too but we found the correct top half from a local diesel engine spares place but we couldn't source the base part with the lever. So, Johno from Braunston helped us marry the two parts together and it's been fine since then. A few years back Sleeman and Hawkins could supply a new lift pump at a very high price. I've no idea if they still have any.

Our fuel return pipes sound like they are configured like yours are now.

• Greenie 1