Bollington Wharf under new ownership

Black Ibis

Featured Posts

Thought I would let you all know that Bollington Wharf (Macclesfield Canal) is now under new ownership - it's been bought by Brian (forum member NBAlton) and Ann Marie McGuigan who run coalboat Alton and is to be managed on a day-to day basis by a bunch of enthusiastic young(ish!) boaters including myself, James (FadeToScarlet) and Jason (Jay4424).

Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BollingtonWharfMarina

and our website www.bollington-wharf.com

We are still getting up and running but we have fuel, pumpout and moorings/hard standing (currently full) as well as day boats and mechanical/electrical repairs and steelwork.

We look forwards to seeing you - do pop in if you are passing!

Edited by Black Ibis

something like that smile.png

yeah that's what facebook said :)James Tidy added 7 new photos.

We have a big announcement to make. Amy and I will be leaving Cambridge at Easter this year, to come here to Bollington Wharf Marina near Macclesfield in Cheshire. We will be running the wharf (dayboats for hire, bikes and canoes, mechanical and marine repairs) with an excellent team of people.

Brian Mcguigan (Nb Alton) and Ann Marie McGuigan-owen are the senior partners, and will be using the wharf as a base to load and support coalboat Alton. We'll also be supporting Martin on coalboat Halsall. Jason and I will be running the dayboats, fender making, and running the wharf and workshops, and Amy will be working part time running social media and marketing. Charlotte will be helping out with signwriting and boat painting.

I'm really looking forwards to our new jobs and new place to be.

Do you do minor welding repairs?

It would depend whether the boat needed to come out of the water (we don't have a drydock so only get a crane in for big jobs) or not but do get in touch with more details (see our website for contact details) www.bollington-wharf.com smile.png

Edited by Black Ibis

Yes,

As above, everything on web-site slewed to right hand side of screen, with largely blank down the left.

Still readable on my laptop, but maybe less so on other devices?

(Firefox & Windows 7 in this case).

Website is going to get a serious overhaul very shortly! It's one we inherited.

And just to tempt you further, Bollington boasts about 15 pubs in or near the village, all of which continued to sell real beer right through the dark days. My mate Alan, who lives about 100 yards from the wharf, did an all-day pub crawl of them to celebrate his 60th birthday, and survived. Looking forward to paying my annual visit!