I am working abroad and need someone to do some work on my boat...

Featured Posts

I am working abroad and am unable to get back to my boat any time soon.

I need the boat taking out of the water, surveying and blacking and any obvious repairs to be done to the hull if required whilst it is out of the water. The boat is located in Northamptonshire in a private marina on the River Nene.

Are there trustworthy reliable companies/people that would be able to do this sort of thing?

Not sure how 'far' these guys go (maybe worth a call to see if they do welding etc)

We are planning to use them to when re re-commission our cruiser (its easier than DIY)

http://www.grpro-clean.co.uk/narrowboats

Over the years we have successfully provided our services to a large number of narrowboat owners on the inland waterways around the UK.

Narrowboats exhibit unique characteristics and therefore we use specially formulated cleaning products, designed to enhance and maintain each narrowboat in the best possible condition.

The majority of our narrowboat customers use our full clean, machine polish and wax of cabin sides and in most cases we are able to remove oxidised paintwork, providing an economical alternative to a repaint.

Our dedicated narrowboat services include:

• Washdown
  • Machine compound polish and wax
  • Internal valeting
  • Canopy cleaning, reproofing and repairs
  • Bilge and engine cleaning

Contact us on 01733 572496 or 07736 434234 to discuss your specific narrowboat requirements

I did all of this with Tim Carter (boat builder) has all the equipment, moved the boat and did all the jobs the survey showed to need work. Best all in one, so highly recommended. His boat yard is just down by Daventry.

I did all of this with Tim Carter (boat builder) has all the equipment, moved the boat and did all the jobs the survey showed to need work. Best all in one, so highly recommended. His boat yard is just down by Daventry.

Where is his yard then? not one I know

Not sure how 'far' these guys go (maybe worth a call to see if they do welding etc)

We are planning to use them to when re re-commission our cruiser (its easier than DIY)

http://www.grpro-clean.co.uk/narrowboats

Over the years we have successfully provided our services to a large number of narrowboat owners on the inland waterways around the UK.

Narrowboats exhibit unique characteristics and therefore we use specially formulated cleaning products, designed to enhance and maintain each narrowboat in the best possible condition.

The majority of our narrowboat customers use our full clean, machine polish and wax of cabin sides and in most cases we are able to remove oxidised paintwork, providing an economical alternative to a repaint.

Our dedicated narrowboat services include:

• Washdown
  • Machine compound polish and wax
  • Internal valeting
  • Canopy cleaning, reproofing and repairs
  • Bilge and engine cleaning
Contact us on 01733 572496 or 07736 434234 to discuss your specific narrowboat requirements
A chap moored a couple of boats back from me used these chaps and I have to say I was less than impressed by their work and work ethic, I was a marine valet for a while so do have a good insight to the job, they were amateur in their approach and slapdash in their work practices. Cleaned the sides first then the roof then the hull sides, smart? Also lots of long tea breaks, based on what I observed I would never use them.

The two guys thought it OK to use a long rope stretched across the basin to pull a dinghy back and forth as rowing seemed alien to them, they had to be told by the marina manager that stretching a rope across a boat road was not a good idea.

Phil

A chap moored a couple of boats back from me used these chaps and I have to say I was less than impressed by their work and work ethic, I was a marine valet for a while so do have a good insight to the job, they were amateur in their approach and slapdash in their work practices. Cleaned the sides first then the roof then the hull sides, smart? Also lots of long tea breaks, based on what I observed I would never use them.

The two guys thought it OK to use a long rope stretched across the basin to pull a dinghy back and forth as rowing seemed alien to them, they had to be told by the marina manager that stretching a rope across a boat road was not a good idea.

Phil

Thanks for that info.

Looks like you may have saved me £1300 but generated me a 'bit of work'.